HybridZ

Coil pack covers , what do you think ?

Love them. I spent $161 on the plastic ones from Holley. I couldn't find any big block valve covers that didn't have breather holes. Thought about relocating coils but I really like the easy wire routing that the Ls system provides. Well done. See my build thread for the plastic version.

Not for me. The engine just looks confused, like it doesn't know how old it is. I'm more of a fan of relocated coils and clean valve covers. or even nice valve covers with the coils mounted on them.

It does clean up the bay a bit though!

Yeah , i saw those covers . I didn't like the price . Bought these on ebay for $35 , new + free shipping . Thought i give them a try . We'll see how they turn out when i'm done trimming them . Wish they are not chrome , don't know if i can trim them without damaging the chrome .

I've been very surprised at the lack of "dress-up" stuff available for the LS series.  Try to make your design simple-maybe you have something that would be marketable.  Take a look at Billet Specialties newest coil covers-beautiful, but the price is $1200!  That would be a big profit for you if you found a market, but i had to draw the line somewhere.  These are the motors to have for the next 30-odd years.  Good-on-ya!

Was not able to find unfinished covers on ebay . Going to put this on back burner for now , too big . They will work with 8" booster , which i have at this time . But i'm going to install the 10" booster for more assist . Not planning on keeping them as chrome . Going to paint them with red/black with some kind of logo .

Wouldn't it be a shame if we all got together for show and tell (I mean a car show) and all our cars were the same? I got a lot of negative posts when I put my dummy stacks "out there" but I've enjoyed the heck out of them! Right now, one is holding a 13mm wrench, one has a socket handle, one holds a screwdriver in it and all of them have a plug wire stored in them. They've been really handy when wrenching on the car. Do your own thing and keep up the good work!

Amen RebekahsZ...  Variety is the spice of life.  It's nice to see everyone's different work.  Gives us all a large pool of information to draw from for ideas, suggestions and help.  

The car show analogy got me thinking...  Wouldn't it be cool if we really did get together for a car show or a simple get together?  Maybe one of these years we could all try to do part of the Hot Rod PowerTour in June?  This year the venues look like this -  

*  Saturday June 1: Arlington, TX,

*  Sunday June 2: Texarkana, AR, 

Monday June 3: Little Rock, AR, 

Tuesday June 4: Memphis, TN, 

Wednesday June 5: Birmingham (Hoover), AL, 

Thursday June 6: Chattanooga, TN, 

Friday June 7: Charlotte, NC. 

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/hrdp_1206w_2013_power_tour_dates_cities/#ixzz2No93jKDC

I've gone 6 times now and it's a blast.  I've never driven the Datsun (I've had it <2 years).  All cars are welcome.  With an LS motor installed, our Zs will be even more welcome (especially @ the 1/4 mile track and autocross events)!

We're serious...  Got the green light at work and my wife.  One of my buddies is coming over after work so we can make hotel reservations this Wed. night.  Just not sure which car I'll be taking.  I hope to have the Datsun ready - I'm trying hard to have it road worthy by June.  The LS1 is in - but haven't fired it yet.  I'll need a few weeks to shake out the bugs.

The reason for covers is to keep water away from coils . It'll be awhile before i get a chance to play with them . They will fit , after trimming , nicely with 8" booster . I'm installing a 10" booster so they won't fit pretty . Too much other work to do at this time , detail work .