HybridZ

datsun parts llc wilwood rear brakes with park brake

While the parking brake cable clears the frame with the wheels off the ground, it likely going to rub with the car on the ground. The SMM kit is even worse for this. I changed things around on the SMM kit so that the cable was oriented like it is in the Datsun Parts kit, but it still rubbed. I was also worried about it drooping down and getting hit by my CV adapter flanges, so I had to rig up some springs to keep the cables up. I ended up making my own, longer cable to solve all of this. If you don't care about it rubbing, then this isn't an issue. Also, that Wilwood caliper has a smaller piston than the Mustang caliper used in the SMM kit, so you're not going to get as much brake torque. This will likely only be an issue if you're running Wilwood fronts with the 1.75" dia pistons though.

Nigel

Edited by Nigel

• 5 months later...

Bumping this up to see if anyone has installed the Datsun Parts Wilwood caliper/parking brake kit. If so, any issues?

Just got an email from Al at Datsun Parts. The calipers are huge and require a 17 inch wheel.

Edited by Miles

I have this kit installed in the rear.

I think I was one of the first few to get it, was originally thought that 16" wheels would be ok but that was not the case.

No issues with anything so far and I have had them on for at least 6 months now

Unfortunately I have not tried another brake kit so I cant compare it to anything.

The picture on the site with the black caliper is actually my setup.

I have this kit installed in the rear.

I think I was one of the first few to get it, was originally thought that 16" wheels would be ok but that was not the case.

No issues with anything so far and I have had them on for at least 6 months now

Unfortunately I have not tried another brake kit so I cant compare it to anything.

The picture on the site with the black caliper is actually my setup.

So 17 inch wheels is a reality. 

How is clearance between the caliper and the hub? 

Also, what did you have to do extend the parking brake cable?

What front brake set up are you using?

Thanks for posting.

I am currently running a 16" wheel but I slightly grinded the top of the caliper and when the wheels were made I had to measure the inner diameter to be sure they fit.

The caliper clears the hub with no problems.

My brake kit was installed by R Rated Motorsports so I am not too sure on the procedure of extending the parking brake but I'm sure someone a bit more knowledgeable on that can chime in.

I am using the Stage 3 front kit from Datsunparts llc as well. Make sure your using a proportioning valve with them to get the brake bias correct,

• 2 weeks later...

I have direct contact with the person that's les the kit for al aka Datsun parts LLC. Much cheaper since you are dealing directly with the supplier.

Contact information?

Ask the supplier to post in the vendors section with contact info,  prices, pictures and specifications.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...