HybridZ

New parts can go bad!!

So my brand new heater core went bad, lasted a month. I ordered it from auto zone, but it will have to go back to manufacture (china?) to get fixed/replaced..

Atleast its not dumping coolant all over the new carpet, just a very small spray during high loads on the engine. The realy odd thing is that the coolant somehow started showing up on the passenger side of the windshield, on the inside of the car!!

Last month it was a leaky radiator cap (new also).....

I realy should be checking parts over realy well before installing them. Just because its "new" don't mean jack. 5 years ago I got 6 badly remanufactured master cylinders from 3 different local parts stores, come to find out they all source parts from 1 warehouse!!

Amen to that . New doesn't mean good , I've been in the car bus. long enough to know . Imagine replacing an elctrical part that you know is bad and still have the same problem with the new part , it'll make you scratch head and doubt yourself ( did i misdiag. the problem ? ) .

Just a little word of advice, make sure you don't have any problems with the head gasket.  I've seen many times where cooling system components keep failing (when new) and its all due to excessive cooling system pressure from a blown head gaskets. Just something to think about.

Miles, I had the same exact problem. I needed brakes on all 4 corners of my 240sx and my driver front calipers kept leaking. I had to do 3 returns before I got a good one. I brought it to my mechanic after the 2nd one because I thought I did something wrong, so he replaced it and it leaked and he had to do it again.

I had a string of issues with remanufactured CV axles on my civic. Replaced both front axles twice before I got a good set, and of course one of them got punctured by a tree branch weeks later. At least they have lengthy warranties. One of them didnt even have the right splines on it!

Miles, I had the same exact problem. I needed brakes on all 4 corners of my 240sx and my driver front calipers kept leaking. I had to do 3 returns before I got a good one. I brought it to my mechanic after the 2nd one because I thought I did something wrong, so he replaced it and it leaked and he had to do it again.

I am on my fourth  rear 240SX caliper and the piston is already sticking after five months of use.  I did some research on the Nissan and 240SX club sites and those guys do report a lot of problems with 240SX rear caliper pistons sticking/leaking. At this point I am considering replacing the 240SX calipers with something else. It is too bad because the 240SX rear calipers do work ok with stock front calipers.

I was given a cv half shaft with the wrong size splines for my 94 sentra. Drove just fine for about 100 miles, then stripped out. Luckily the diff didn't get ruined.

damn, now I don't feel so bad about the leaky heater core!!