HybridZ

Triple Weber Project

mattausten23

I'm going to start my Triple Weber build soon, I just scored some complete triple Webers with a Cannon manifold. I just want to make sure I have all my information correct. My Z has a l28 with a N42 head. I know I will be needing an electric fuel pump (I'm going to use 1981 rx7 pump), l28 exhaust/intake manifold (not sure which to use), and a fuel pressure gauge to help me tune.

I've been doing a lot research and this is all that I can find I need to have a good running L28 with triple Webers. I want to make sure I get all the parts I need since this is my daily and don't want it to be off the road for too long. It is currently running round top SUs. 

Is this all I will be needing to run the triple Webers or is there anything else I need to add to the list. Any help would be great since engine work is somewhat new to me. Thanks,

Matt

Fuel pressure gauge is a good start, but you also will need a snail gauge for sure. If you can afford it, get a wideband O2 sensor so you can tell the richness of the exhaust it will help immensely for the DIY guy. You can go by smell if you think your nose is good enough :) Do your research also on the distributor, it requires some modifications as well when going to triples.

I am finally got my build done, and Im in the process now of tweaking out the carbs and getting everything dialed in right. 

I assume you have linkage but have you decided to use the fuel return line or not?

If so do you have the correct "T" or dead head fuel line connector unit? What psi is an RX 7 pump and or what regulator are you going to use. Weber's are suggested to not be run with a regulator but seems people have hooked them up many different ways.

Are you aware of the current chokes and jets on your new Webers? I assume they are 40s,,....

steve

Edited by steve260z

I assume you have linkage but have you decided to use the fuel return line or not?

If so do you have the correct "T" or dead head fuel line connector unit? What psi is an RX 7 pump and or what regulator are you going to use. Weber's are suggested to not be run with a regulator but seems people have hooked them up many different ways.

Are you aware of the current chokes and jets on your new Webers? I assume they are 40s,,....

steve

Sorry I didn't write back until now, I was on vacation. But I have not decided to use a fuel return line yet, what purpose would this serve?

. I believe that the RX7 pump will pump to about 4 PSI, I don't plan on running a regulator though. The carbs are 40s but I am not aware of the current chokes and jets on the yet. I hope to start getting into everything next week!