HybridZ

What size aftermarket Rims/tires for 240z?

Honestly 15x7 is good too. It'd be nice with a 15x8 though. More tires looks better in my opinion.

Anyway here is my old 260z with 15x7 0 offset wheels and 205/50/15. Only suspension was tokico illuminas and tokico springs

IMG00330.jpgP5111247.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

Doesn't look that bad in my opinion

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to search buddy! They are on ebay but in a 15x7 with a +4 offset. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15X7-ROTA-SHAKOTAN-WHEELS-4X114-3-RIM-4MM-FITS-AE86-DATSUN-240-260-1970-1985-/330723041185?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d00a11fa1&vxp=mtr

They will fit but they will not be flush with the fenders.

If you don't mind painting the centers black then your options open up in size and offset. 

If you're interested in BBS RS style rims, I might be starting a group buy for them in s30 offset. Check the link in my signature.

I saw these, but I'm hoping to find them in 15x8.  I guess if I can't find it, this is always an option.  Not too sure about the +4 offset tho.

Honestly 15x7 is good too. It'd be nice with a 15x8 though. More tires looks better in my opinion.

Anyway here is my old 260z with 15x7 0 offset wheels and 205/50/15. Only suspension was tokico illuminas and tokico springs

IMG00330.jpgP5111247.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

Doesn't look that bad in my opinion

Nice Z!  No those look good.  I would still want to fit a little more tire in there for my personal taste tho.  

Seems there is a good selection of 215/60-15 sized tires still.  According to a calculator this would give me 25.2" x 8.46" x 15.  My set up right now is 24.7" x 7.68" x 14.  Maybe I can get those 15x7 Shakotan's and put these on it.  

Would 225/60/15 be too big for a 15x7 wheel?  This seems to be the only 225 size for 15 inch wheels that has a decent selection still.

Does anyone have the Rota RB on a 240z .. Would like to know it 16X8 +10 will rub? and does the cap fit over the front hub

I've read that you'll need to run spacers with +10.  Not sure if the suspension set up was stock on Spitz17 fairlady or not.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes-s30/40526-rota-rb-r-16x8-10-225-50-16-tires.html

If you are looking for a wheel like the Diamond Racing but want something lighter you can go with Spinwerks wheels, The 82 series looks similar to diamond and they can be ordered to whatever size you want. A 15x8 is roughly 13.3lbs in the 82 series. They are a bit hard to find online but you can contact Bisimoto over here in so cal, he is a dealer for one. (also makes some badass porsches you may have seen) http://bisimoto.com/

Yes it will rub, you can use a 5mm spacer and it should clear barely. I'd run an 8mm spacer just in case. 

You really want to get a tires with overal diamter at stock or below. The car will feel more sluggish with bigger diameter tires.

I'm telling you you need to get the 16x8. They have the widest selection of decent tires. 225/50/16 is like a normal size. A 225 will fit on a 7inch wide rim but will look stupid. 

If you are looking for a wheel like the Diamond Racing but want something lighter you can go with Spinwerks wheels, The 82 series looks similar to diamond and they can be ordered to whatever size you want. A 15x8 is roughly 13.3lbs in the 82 series. They are a bit hard to find online but you can contact Bisimoto over here in so cal, he is a dealer for one. (also makes some badass porsches you may have seen) http://bisimoto.com/

Rooger82 I just saw the Spinwerks 82's in the wheels thread.  I love those rims, they look amazing.  They are more than I would want to spend, but we will see how badly I want them soon enough!

I'm even leaning toward 16's now instead.  I met a guy today with a Z who had 16's and they just look like the perfect size on a 240z.  Any other suggestions similar to the Spinwerk 82's and or Diamond Racing wheels?

Thanks to all who have helped/posted in this thread so far.

Spinwerks makes different versions of wheels. they have some for drag and some they make for road racing which are probably the ones you see street driven. Luckily with Z's we have pretty good size tires so I don't think the wheel will take too much of a beating. I am picking up a set very soon and I will post it and see since I am in the Los Angeles area I do lots of driving around lots of pot holes lol.

Spinwerks makes different versions of wheels. they have some for drag and some they make for road racing which are probably the ones you see street driven. Luckily with Z's we have pretty good size tires so I don't think the wheel will take too much of a beating. I am picking up a set very soon and I will post it and see since I am in the Los Angeles area I do lots of driving around lots of pot holes lol.

What size wheel/tire/offset are you going to order? I'd love to see pics when you get them. I'm still undecided between the shakotans and the spinwerks.

Edited by 415DZ

• 5 weeks later...

Check with Spinwerks before doing any powder coating. The heat required can add another aging to the wheels and can take the temper out.  Its probably OK but check with the manufacturer first.  I know of a few aluminum wheels cracking after they were powder coated because the temper went from T6 to T0.

Hello people

I'm sitting here and waiting to get my 240Z so I can't test it yet and I didn't want to open a new thread for the same question:

Is it possible to get some meaty 15 inch wheels with the zg flares WITHOUT negative offset or spacers (> 0) ? => What size?

The Z will get a new set of coilovers.

I know they can't be flush but I'm looking for something decent.

Anyone running 15x9 wheels with 215/60/15 tires?  I'd love to see some pics of the stretch.  I'm thinking of moving up in diameter from 225/50/15 to help fill my fender gap and get closer to the stock tire diameter.

Anyone running 15x9 wheels with 215/60/15 tires?  I'd love to see some pics of the stretch.  I'm thinking of moving up in diameter from 225/50/15 to help fill my fender gap and get closer to the stock tire diameter.

I just installed 15x9, 0 offset Rota Shakotans with 225/50's. I'm just running Eibachs and Tokico blues, and I needed an 8mm spacer for the tire to clear the spring perch (5mm just barely cleared, but I suspect it would have rubbed when cornering). Both front and rears poke maybe 3/4" or so at the top of the fender. I haven't had any rubbing, and I just autocrossed on these wheels on a somewhat bumpy surface. Of course if you're looking to dump your car, you'd need a pretty sever stretch and stiff springs to keep your rubber inside the fenders, but the moderate stretch of the 225's should allow me to go a further inch or so lower when I get around to coilovers. I'll try and remember to post pics after work.

What size wheel/tire/offset are you going to order? I'd love to see pics when you get them. I'm still undecided between the shakotans and the spinwerks.

I am going with 16x9.5 all around with 4" backspacing and 4.25" backspacing which is roughly around -32 and -25

I will be running 225/50/16 tires on them with the flares. I would have preferred to go wider but I have connections through Continental and that is the widest that comes in around the 50/16 or 45/16

Check with Spinwerks before doing any powder coating. The heat required can add another aging to the wheels and can take the temper out.  Its probably OK but check with the manufacturer first.  I know of a few aluminum wheels cracking after they were powder coated because the temper went from T6 to T0.

John I will be sure to do that before powder coating them so I don't screw the wheels up. Right now plans might actually be to just anodize the barrel black and leave the polished face, I am starting to like the look of it.

Either way wheels should be arriving to me in 10 business days so I will see how it all fits.