HybridZ

Greddy BOV hose to intake

Ben's Z

I have 2" IC pipe.  I reclocked the turbo to run the IC pipe out of the turbo, under the oil pan, infront of the oil filter and then past where the charcoal canister use to be then into the IC.  I am trying to figure out how to mount my BOV, but between the fan shroud, coil and I am guessing the hood I am limited on space.  I need to order my 29mm adapter to recirc my excess pressure back to the intake.  Without having my adapter yet can you tell me the size of the hose you are using?  I know it is smaller than the outlet in the BOV, but how much smaller? I was going to have my BOV bung TIG welded this week. I am using a N42 intake.  How big of a hole are you putting in the intake to recirc the excess boost pressure and where on the intake?

The 29mm adapter you buy is going to be sized for 29mm ID hose, and that's the size of hose you should use. The bung you get welded onto your intake should also be sized for 29mm ID hose. And for the sake of some other HybridZ members, let's call this thing a compressor bypass valve (CBV) instead of a BOV, shall we? Alrighty then.

Now before you go too far here, where exactly are you planning on recirculating it to? You are saying "intake" but that can mean either your intake manifold or your intake piping at your turbo inlet. You will want to recirculate it to your pre-turbo intake piping, not your intake manifold. You'll want to plumb it in somewhere downstream of the AFM and before your turbo inlet, the exact location isn't too critical.

So I hacked up my old 280zxt intake boot in the meantime. I should cut a hole in that and dump excess boost between the afm and turbo inlet?

Yes, and ideally with a fitting that allowed that excess air to be directed back toward the turbo.