HybridZ

What is a CF dash worth to you?

CrayZ

?PDK? don't know what that is.  WOW my problem is that I have a 1972 RHD Fairlady 240Z in the process of restoring just ordered a new restored dash from japan @ easyauctionjapan.com paid less than $400.00 + SHIPPING they have fiber glass and carbon fiber door panels would love a RHD carbon fiber dash.  What is PDK?

I'd be down for one. Door panels would be great too.

CF door panels exist today out of Japan. You can find them on the yahoo auction site. Its about 800$ for both right and left sides, and are abundantly available. Here is an example. Would use Google Chrome to have it translate the website for you.

http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p349510380

Edited by AZGhost623

• 5 months later...

I've been talking with a local guy that does CF parts. I would only consider asking him to make one that is a complete replacement - not a cover. If you are going to all that trouble to make a mold for the dash, do the whole thing and save weight

• 1 month later...

I am waiting for someone to lend me his dash to take it to the fabricator. The fabricator is finishing up a Porsche 996 CF dash now, looks pretty sweet. I will be interested to see what he says about the Z dash. I told him, it's all or nothing as far as the dash, no cover. I'm also taking a center console to go with it!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The dash is at the fabricator now. I left it with him so he can poke and prod it for a while. After showing me the custom dash he made for a race Porsche I was impressed with his skills. We both agreed that te metal frame will stay. It just makes everything easier and more affordable and have a greater mass appeal for the DIYer.

I will keep this updated as I started a thread on a FG dash.

• 2 weeks later...