HybridZ

Haltech Platinum Sprint 5000

ryan95i4

PECX:  LS-1 and all LS coils have built in ignition drivers. No additional module or ignition box is required. Coils  are triggered directly from ECU via 5v trigger wire.

LS-X coils are direct fire coils, which means you would run 1 coil per cylinder.

My 76 280Z will be getting Haltech this winter. I picked up a used E-11. Still gathering parts. Have to locate Z31 chopper wheel.

Note: A lot of people call the all of the GM coils by the Generic name of " LS-1 ". But be aware that there are numerous versions of the " LS-x " series's coil. LS-1, LS2, LS-2 Truck/Yukon LS-3 and LS-7 coils etc. 

True LS-1 coils are the lowest output of the bunch, while LS-2 Truck/Yukon coils ( with Heatsink )  are the strongest. More important is that early LS-1 coils have a different wiring hookup than later coils. They use the same terminal as later coils ( LS-2, LS-3,LS-7 etc ) but the wiring order is different on the early LS-1 coils.  Mega Squirt has wiring diagrams for both types of coils.