HybridZ

Required software for chat sounds

TomoHawk

Higuys,

I was using chat over the winter, and aboput a week ago, the sounds just stopped.  Yes, I checked the sounds ON button, and the speakers are on, etc.  All I get  is the first doorbell for the first person that comes in after me, or a tick if someone types a message.  No sounds after the first sound.

Are there any software addons needed to get the sounds in the chatroom?  I use fitrefox, but I tried all the browsers, different computers, etc. with the same result.  I also have jave, shockwave, flash, and all the recent updates.

I know it's something simple, but what?

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope the Admin can look into this problem.  No one is getting sounds, so most new people don't stay longer than a minute or two.  SuperDan visted once and discussed the problem, that it was something the IPBoard server itself does, and probably not a problem or setting on our personal computers, like not having Shockwave, Flash, or media/sounds support.

Those of us that are regularly using it really appreciate the chatroom, and I'd invite everyone to join and get to know those people that you only see via an avatar or posts...