HybridZ

Is there anyone running a roots/twin screw style s/c?

Take a look at this guy who is building a supercharged V12 LS for a 240. Yes, I did say V12 :)

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1643786-v12-ls1-build.html

Joe

Those pics have been circulating for a while. I wrote them off as photoshop! WOW thats truly amazing!  The "baby ls" was posted here in a different section. Very cool to know that they are a bi-product of the v12!!!

Pretty sweet and it made the news yesterday!

Another one had been put in a suburban and a p-51 plane too apparently. 525hp was thrown around for numbers that the Suburban put down. N/A though not supercharged.

Can't wait til it's fired up in the 240

Edited by EastTnZ

• 2 weeks later...

Drove the supercharged LS2 240z that is local to me owned by another member here......WOW =)

Traction only an issue if you smash the gas pedal but the car is easily driven like a normal car and will pull from high gears with ease. I would love to see how she drives at a HPDE.

Rags, place the order yet?

Edited by EvilC

I'm having second thoughts as my car is sub 3000 lbs. might add some weight first :)

Also, traction is not really limited on Dave's car unless you slip the clutch. Get your foot off the clutch and she just GOES!

Edited by rags

Cable actually has one but its for a truck accessory drive. I think he wants $3500 for it. I was thinking about it but I'd have to rethink how the ac compressor would mount and I don't want to go down that road again!

Bear in mind that if you have longer belt the 6 rib WILL NOT WORK IT WILL SLIP AT 8 lbs or more trust me!!

Good point.   I had to use the heavy duty tensioner and added an idler pulley directly below the alternator for the long run of the belt. There is an existing hole in the stock bracket that works perfectly.        running 8 1/2 lbs. boost, 6 rib no trouble.  

Have over 190 degrees of wrap on sc pulley my problem is actually the length of belt and yes additional idlers would have helped but I'm running the qwik ac brackets and could not utilize one. I do have the sexie Katech manual tensioner which helped but I still had slip around! 10-11 lbs.