HybridZ

MSA Twice Pipes

The pipes are 1.75", need to be modified to fit correctly, are made from common steel, exit the car horizontally so they don't match the stock cut out, drone at 2.5k rpm, and are loud enough to earn you an easy ticket in most states.

...but if you can deal with all of that, they sound pretty good and seem to be fairly popular around here...

Edited by 8DC

They are loud, and the sound gets old if you drive at constant speed on the highway for extended periods. Out of the box, don't expect to bolt them on and go, as you will have to invest a fair amount of time and effort attempting to get them to fit and aligned, which they likely won't. If I were to do it again, I would have welded the system together from the header back with only one clamping point, as the exhaust clamps failed me a couple occasions at the worst possible times prompting a roadside fix (probably my fault). Go into the purchase with these things in mind.

With that, they get my full endorsement and 100% recommendation. One of my more memorable modifications.

I have 3 complete sets, and one incomplete.

I have so many sets because I bought them cheap(mostly at MSA garage sales), and with multiple sets I can set them up any way I want.

After setting these things up I would recommend MSA's 2.5" setup. Noise level is the same, but you can easily and affordably use one system and add in extra sound/drone reducers. My Favorite way to deal with those is one of those Autozone Thrush Turbo mufflers on the rear(not the MSA one) part number 17715(or you can use their welded series with is a flowmaster), and the center muffler(antidrone premuffler) from a mid 90's toyota camry v6 to put in the trans tunnel. Quieter than stock at idle with a low growl(even with the L24), and comfortably loud at freeway speeds. No drone. Its not quiet at freeway speeds, but its not obnoxious at all.

Matter of fact I would trade one of my twice pipe kits for one complete 2.5" MSA kit and another $30 Thrush Turbo muffler... lol

They're louder than...well...they're loud.  Cruising rev's are loud.  Running it out is loud.  The sound is unique, though, as they sound like two slightly out of phase motors running at once.  It's a very subjective thing, but I don't really like the sound.  I'm looking at switching to a more conventional 3in single pipe setup.  The only reason I have them is because they came with the motor that I bought off of ZGad on here.