HybridZ

Electronic speedometers

280zex

Ok so I'm in the middle of getting the 240sx transmission swap done. I am now looking at electronic speedometers that will fit in the stock 280z dash.

Who is using what?

what do you like/dislike about it?

I'm leaning towards the autometer pro-comp series. I already have the oil/temp/gas cluster installed. they have a silver back ground with orange needle and black numbers. However my tach has a black face/orange needle and white numbers so I am thinking about the same for my speedo.

I'm open to suggestions, thanks!!

Edited by 280zex

If you gut the Autometer and just trim the lip off the cup it will fit in perfectly, and appear almost stock, except for the orange needle.  

I like that it was easy to program, not hard to install, and still works!  Unlike several of my much more expensive Speedhut/Revolution gauges on my other project...

misc022.jpg

Ya I'm not really liking the speed hut guages.. I do like the look of these

http://www.classicinstruments.com/gaugeselector.aspx?ProductCode=VS01BBLF&SeriesCode=VS

However I'm thinking they are going to cost some $$$$

I like them . Classic styling . Woundered if you can get them with built-in turn signal indicators , high beam , and so on .

I like them . Classic styling . Woundered if you can get them with built-in turn signal indicators , high beam , and so on .

The company does have custom options. I also seen that you have choices on the needles, colors, lighting.......however I didn't see that they offer a 4 inch speedo, bummer...

• 3 weeks later...

wanted to put these in over the winter but dident get to it. but dose anyone know if there eving going to fit in a stock 240z dashÉ

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=726/category_id=664/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd726.htm

5" diam. maybe a little too big to fit inside the Z gauge pods . I've seen Autometers mount close to the outside of pods but don't know what size the others are using .

• 1 year later...

The company does have custom options. I also seen that you have choices on the needles, colors, lighting.......however I didn't see that they offer a 4 inch speedo, bummer...

I've seen the 4" one avail on speedhut.com and it's a GPS speedo too.

• 3 weeks later...