HybridZ

Rb25 s2 Cas disc installs but no start?

I have 2 cas that was working good. Just got done installing 1 of the Cas with the aem disc wheel. Put it on and attempt to start, no start :(. Took off that Cas, and install the one haven't ben modify. Now starts right up? Any one no what might the reson be?

Surely an aem ems....   Make sure you have the AEM cam sensor loaded in your wizard...

Open your tune, go to WIZARDS, then SETUP WIZARD, then under Sensor: Cam/Crank, make sure its NISSAN 4 & 6 COP, WITH AEM DISK.

make sure its not the rb stock disk..

Assuming your on a V2 box.

• Like 1

Surely an aem ems....   Make sure you have the AEM cam sensor loaded in your wizard...

Open your tune, go to WIZARDS, then SETUP WIZARD, then under Sensor: Cam/Crank, make sure its NISSAN 4 & 6 COP, WITH AEM DISK.

Tech who is working on my car say

"Cam n crank sync are off, and I already talk to aem. The manufacture can't get any better, It's the rb wiring harness that Changes too many business, AEM said. so it needs to be wired to how AEM sync works.

Take your plugs out and turn off all fuel injectors. Have a friend spin the car over with the starter while you check the timing with a light. With your laptop go to Wizard, then Ignition Timing Wizard, lock the timing and click the  show the Advanced options box. Now you will see Teeth. When click on the Advance or retard buttons the teeth number will go up and down. 24 is where you might have to set the teeth to 0. You only have to do this if your going a certain way, I cant remember if its advancing or retarding. 24 is the same thing as 0 so as the teeth increase make sure it doesnt hit the 24 ceiling, if it does put the number 0 in there and it will keep going. You click on buttons realtime as a friend spins it over. Mine was waaaay out on my RB30 vs the 26.

Its kind of hard to see it at such low rpm but thats how I got mine cranked. 

Edited by ZT-R

Could it be the wiring like the tech say, or is it the software from the ems? It's starts up with the oem Cas, but with the Cas with aem disc, it doesn't. ZtT-r, I will forward that to the tech that is working on my car and see if that works.

You cant just swap the cas disk and crank it, you have to change the sensors in the software. Its like running a 5bar map then installing a 3 bar map... not the same. Not saying that is the only issue, but an issue none the less. 

Edited by ZT-R

Tech say

I looked into it and there is many different ways, But AEM told me what is need to do on this harness case. On the software there is "test" ways to see what the Ecu is looking at and go from there after AEM told me how to test it, I told them what is happening. They said the 2 signal wire problem needs it's own signal that's how the AEM works.

I ask why it works on others with OEM CAS wheel. They said the harness is different. The year they tested was 93-98 r33 GTS only cars, and all other are different. Rb25 came in alot of models in Japan, not just a skyline.

I never new aem s2 would be this much of a headache. Should of just went with haltech.

• 4 weeks later...

That was done and still no start.

Take your plugs out and turn off all fuel injectors. Have a friend spin the car over with the starter while you check the timing with a light. With your laptop go to Wizard, then Ignition Timing Wizard, lock the timing and click the  show the Advanced options box. Now you will see Teeth. When click on the Advance or retard buttons the teeth number will go up and down. 24 is where you might have to set the teeth to 0. You only have to do this if your going a certain way, I cant remember if its advancing or retarding. 24 is the same thing as 0 so as the teeth increase make sure it doesnt hit the 24 ceiling, if it does put the number 0 in there and it will keep going. You click on buttons realtime as a friend spins it over. Mine was waaaay out on my RB30 vs the 26.

Its kind of hard to see it at such low rpm but thats how I got mine cranked.

Lock the btdc at 15 degree, and had my freind crank. I set it at 0 while I use a timing light, and started to go untill it reach 15 degree on the timing mark cover. Once that was done, still no start either :(

Btw, Was able to locate the cam and crank signal according to aem instruction, and also verified if its getting fuel and spark, and it does.

The v2 has wizards that does all that for you, but yes you will have to change it. Mine looks similar to that but my Injector Phase is 16.078 

The injector and teeth (order) looks correct in the picture. Post some screenshots of yours.