HybridZ

TIRES TIRES TIRES

I'll toss another in for the BFG Rivals. While I personally havent ran a set, they do very well at my local autox events and are the next tire I'll be picking up. They're right on par (actually a little cheaper) than other tires in the same class like the DZ2 and RE-11As.

I *think* they only come in a 225 width in 16" though. I'd check tirerack to be sure. Hopefully you can correct me on it and show a 245 width!

I've had excellent luck with Sumitomo's HTRZ3.  Ran them on my 670BHP Monster Porsche Turbo, My GT3 and will be putting them on my Mustang GT (All mentioned were daily driver use tires that saw light track duty).  The HTR Z2s are nearly as good for a street tire.http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z+II

I have the HTR Z2's on my Z32. Strictly a street machine, the tires stick good for any maneuver one should attempt on the street. On/off ramps are especially fun but, holey hell are they loud! Sometimes I feel like I'm in a 4wd with mud tires on the pavement. These are the loudest high performance street tires I've owned.

chris

• 2 years later...

I've been running G-Force Rivals and the live up to exceptions. My Z (prepped for stock class, but running STR because of wide wheels) runs in the top 3 raw times if I'm having a good day, and has FTD'd once. I've put 1 season of street driving on them and they're nearly toast though. 

I'm with Mikelly and Leon, as I have run the Sumitomo HTR Z3 tires on my BMW 540i 6-speed and they have great performance, super quiet, I got 25k miles on the rears and 50k miles on the fronts (staggered) and priced right.  The new wheels and tires are going on the Z and I'm looking at the Yokohama ADVAN Sport V105 tires.  Have had great luck with Yokohama and Kuhmo tires over the decades with my Datsuns. 

I was planning on purchasing the Yoko ADO8R in 225-50-16. As in my opinion they have produced the best high performance road tires for decades. Then I read the actual tire measurements compared to generic 225-50-16. The Yoko measured 3/4 in. wider at tread width. I thought cool that will look awesome having a little fatter tire, a little more traction ect. Then I took those measurements out to the car were I have 1/4 in. clearance on the rear fenders that have been ground down to the spot welds. and 1/4 in. from the strut tower. These tires were going to rub. 

So the same size Bridgestone RE11 had only a 1/2 in. wider tread width than the current tire I have. It would fit but it would be so close any side wall flex would rub. So, Bridgestone RE71R is the exact size as the Bridgestone G-009 I currently have. I found few reviews on this tire but it is their new top preforming 200 tread wear track/DOT tire. If the Yoko would have fit I would have ordered them. Instead I ordered RE71R. Hope I am happy.

I've been running 225 50 16 hankook rs3 on 16x8 +4 rotas with no rub..... Great predictable grip, and allowed me to clobber my autoX class (local club). I just scored a great deal on 255 50 16 r888 that I will run with Ls1 swap.....they are 25.9 vs 24.9 in diameter but I'm planning on wheel adapters and ZG flares as there is no way they will fit...... Once the swap is done, I can check ride height and planning for the bigger tires. Not sure if I can pull off the square set up or if I will run staggered with 255 rear and 225 front. Still debating 16x9 +0 wheels with a square set up and selling off the rota rs3 package all together. Back on topic..... The RS3's worked great with little room to spare but no rub on spring perches and rolled fenders on lowered Z. My .02

New Tires Bridgestone RE71R. I like the look. They are not as twitchy in a straight line as the G009 I had. Turn-in is not as quick as the G009 although the car feels more stable and less go-cart like. This is a good thing for my car. Acceleration grip in corners is amazing. I kept waiting for the rear to drift out, it did not. The tires turned all the energy into forward momentum, no spinning.

The noise levels on good asphalt are quiet. Tar patches in the direction of travel sound like someone is tearing paper outside of the window. Concrete makes the same paper tearing sounds and it is loud. 

post-3505-0-40198800-1433823141_thumb.jpg

post-3505-0-99965200-1433823177_thumb.jpg

post-3505-0-73969700-1433823203_thumb.jpg

post-3505-0-16454500-1433823231_thumb.jpg

Toyo Proxes R888. Things hook like crazy. With a 245 wide tire it'll be hard to find anything. Your other choice is the nitto NT555R which is again another streetable track tire. 

As for the Fuzions, they're crap. They perform more like an all season performance tire and they are labeled as a summer performance tire. They are cheap, I'll give em that. 

With you on the R888 on my 3rd set used for track days, however think that a LS1 will definitely spin any tire in a 245 size without too much issue

Run Fuzions on my RSX Type S, for $70 a tire really nothing to complain about they are round plenty f grip for street driving and never squeal when pushed