HybridZ

what could cause a lack of spark?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

About 3 months ago I bought my first Z car a blue '74 260Z at that time it needed a fule pump but would fire up on starting fluid (I had spark) then until now it went untouched. I replaced the rear fuel pump with a carter unit and bypassed the engine mounted pump. It won't run, There is no spark at all. What could have gone wrong while the car was siting. My test light is telling me that I have power on both sides of the coil when the key is on. please help

-thanks,

Tom

Guest Anonymous

sounds like a bad coil man try atking the wire off the destribator and placing it near the body turn it over see if it sparkes if not change it should be all it is

Guest Anonymous

Mike C: I didn't know my car has points? does it? Looking in my Victoria british catalog it only lists replacement points for 70-73 240's

I'll try the spark thind tomorow. so my distributor is probably ok?

Guest Anonymous

well the reason i say it is the coil is iv had this happen to me before not on my z but on a 65 mustang with a inline 6 as fare as if your not geting spark to the distrabator then its eather the coil isent geting power or the coil is bad and you have said your coil is geting power so check it out and man go buy one if it dont work take it back im curentily useing a accel power stacker works great on my 240..

Guest bang847

check your spade connectors... My car had no spark at all and the i went over the connectors with a wire brush on a dremel.. started right up after... the amount of corrosion was huge...