HybridZ

1jz VVTI 240

devil280Z

Hey everyone i am working on putting together a 1JZ VVTI '73 240Z and i was looking for a few parts to complete the motor.  I know i should post my WTB's in the classified part of the forum but posting in this forum might be a little more productive. As of right now i am looking for a 1jz VVTI head also if you have a spare one i need a trans. i have all the acessories and the block so this is all i need to complete the motor and put it into my 240.  Please let me know if you guys can get your hands on one for me.

Thanks,

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Ok update, I have located a VVTI head and it should be in my possession by this weekend.  I plan on putting in all new bearings, rings and arp bolts before I put the motor into my car.  Hopefully I can get all that done before I deploy, if not then I will update this thread when I return the Afghanistan and make some more progress on this project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Normally I would agree with you but this motor was already taken apart.  I figured it would be a smart move to increase the longevity of the 1jz to just refresh it while I have it in pieces.  Right now money isn't too big of a concern but im getting out of the military soon and going back to school so money will soon be scarce and I want to get it running and reliable before I lose my steady paycheck. 

What EMS is everyone running?  I was going to use Haltech PS1000 but the guys making my wire harness said that the PS2000 is more suited for the 1jz VVTi, any thoughts from you guys?

I run the P1000 on my 180sx, and have been leaning heavily towards using the P2000 on my 1JZ. The P1000 can only run 4 injectors/4 coils at a time.

still much more than I want to spend. I am getting out of the military and going back to school so I don't want to waste a ton of my savings before I get out.  How about the AEM 30-6050?  I was told it works very well with the VVTI, any input from you guys?

Also I will post pics of the machine work as soon as I can.  Still trying to get a few things to them to finish up the rebuild of the motor.  Going to be a fresh block when it goes in my Z :-)

I've got a series 2 AEM on my dad's MK3 supra and it has been doing well. I am just more familiar with the Haltech software at this point, so my desire to learn something else isn't that great. Honestly if you're not going to tune the system yourself, research what the tuners near you are familiar with and include that in your decision process.

• 3 weeks later...

Got some pics of my lightweight fly wheel with water pump and oil pump.  Soon ill buy the rest of the goodies needed but for now the machine shop has what they need.  post-9288-0-82028800-1378141357_thumb.jpeg

I have a question for you guy also.  I am looking into what size injectors im going to use and im thinking of going with a bigger than stock maybe 650cc even though I don't have any major mods the motor, yet.  I figure why not buy the bigger injectors now and when I upgrade the turbo I wont need to do the injectors at he same time.  My question is will that cause any problems with the motor or will a tune solve that?

ok so on the 15th im going to buy a haltech ps2000 ECU.  With that I will probably buy some 550cc injectors, I think they will be more than enough for my power goal of 450-500 whp.  When I get those parts in I will post some more pics.  I also am going to get a custom wire harness made by T'weaked performace. their wire harness' are clean as hell and they have a quick disconnect at the firewall.  I'll keep you updated on anything new with this build.  Progress is pretty slow right now because im stuck I Afghanistan, as soon as I get home though there will be some major progress.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so I guess I can put my foot in my mouth now.  I ended up going with MS in the end.  I did some research and their top of the line stuff (MS3-Pro) is pretty good, and will control the VVT-I no problem.  One step closed to getting this thing running.