HybridZ

Air conditioning

Richs72RBz

Anyone here running air conditioning? Id like to know how you did it. I've seen people use vintage air gen ii compact or mini but that is on a regular 240z. Is it as simple as using a Rb25 compressor and adapting the vintage air unit/parts?

Yea I am running AC. I just need to make a hose to my evaporator. Running the rb26 compressor, try to get the oem hoses as it makes it easier to make a custom hose (just the 2 fittings that go into the compressor).

I'm RB20, but I used the RB20 compressor, one of the lines (low side) fit perfect.  The other line had to be built.  I'm using an aftermarket A/C system, but everything else (sans the new line) is OE.  My car came with factory A/C

75 280z with rb25 and the McKinney mounts setup, ac bracket and tensioner clears the stock 280z swaybar just fine.

What exactly does your bracket look like? I bought my bracket and compressor off a buddy because my engine set didn't come with one. I have RB20 with Mckinney everything and the tensioner sits exactly where the front sway bar is. I'm so lost. Mine is a '76 so not far off.

Are you guys using the factory evaporators? I'm trying to figure out how to hook up a switch to have turn on or off. Correct me if in wrong but it looks like the vintage air unit is always on, it just uses a flapper to direct hot air and cold air?

You put a pressure switch on the vintage air, that would be just dangerous if you didnt. You can have it made in the hose or whatever you want. There are differences in the R33 and R32 compressors btw. 

• 1 year later...

So I just installed the vintage air gen 2 mini in my car and I have it working fairly well except for the fact that when I shift gears with the ac on the motor dies. I have a ground signal to pin 46 on my ecu to activate the FICD and the idle does go up when the ac is on so I am a little confused. Does the neutral switch need to be connected in order for this to work right? Has anyone here had any problems using the rb compressor with vintage air kits?