HybridZ

Wilwood emergency/parking brake brackets

05plsrt4

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look what i picked up from the machinists today...

Cables will be ready hopefully toward the end of next week.

In the meantime....i will package up a full kit with the prototype cable, so that i can go to the post office and get prices and options for postage.

For those of you who ordered brackets only...same scenario.....

So...be prepared for an email around wednesday...

Getting closer peeps!....thanks for your patience

post-4989-0-16502800-1490968832_thumb.jpg

post-4989-0-71031400-1490968889_thumb.jpg

post-4989-0-10114800-1490968909_thumb.jpg

Nice but what's this for?

X6VEkuL.jpg

Nice but what's this for?

X6VEkuL.jpg

That odd looking cut-out is to allow for clearance on the strut....this became evident on the prototype set when i first mounted them on the initial test fit..they werent sitting flush ... i had to attack the prototypes with a grinder to get them to seat properly!

Guys,

You have all been great with your Patience. A HUGE thank-you for that. Its been difficult to co-ordinate because i have also just stared a new job, and of course whenever I need to do things, Im at work !!!

Anyhow, All Boxed up and ready to go. they will all be in the mail tomorrow.

I sincerely hope that you are all happy, and I cant wait to hear some feedback, and please make sure you post pics on here !

I would appreciate a quick message to let me know when your parcels arrive safely !

Thanks again Gentlemen !

Regards

Warren

post-4989-0-68454700-1491914672_thumb.jpg

post-4989-0-77456800-1491914684_thumb.jpg

All Parcels In the Post and on their way !.

Please let me know when you receive them !

You all requested to have your brackets Sent Raw....for those who are thinking of Powder Coating....please ensure that the Powder Coat is minimally thick on mounting faces....it may affect the offsets slightly.

I have attached a pic here of plates in 3 different stages.... (1) Raw, (2) Sandblasted, and (3) Painted after sandblasting.

For me, painting is totally adequate, as almost none of the Bracket is visible anyway.

Thanks Guys !

post-4989-0-95089700-1492001693_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what screws are used in the front of the AZC kit?

Used a 9 mm allen key and the thread diameter is 10,1 mm? What are those?

Alexander....Firstly, are you talking about the kit for the Front Wheels, or the main caliper mounting on the Back wheels ?

USA still mostly uses imperial, instead of metric.....so, that 10.1mm thread diameter is most probably 3/8" 24 thread. That is the same as what is in the AZC supplied Rear Caliper mounts, and I have also used that thread on My Rear Brackets so that people dont have to change their Bolts. Hope this helps

Has your kit arrived ?

Cheers

Warren

3/8 allen key would be right. That sucks a bit.

It's in the customs office at the german airport.

And good thing you made them out of steel, I would have difficulties to drive them legally on the streets when it's aluminum.

Edited by Ereschkigal

Paid for 2-day shipping on my set of brackets and were in the midst of completing the install between today and tomorrow morning. Kit and cables went on flawlessly, thank you so much Woza01!

This is Fantastic news !....THANKS !...Whilst i know they fit, Its always a nervous time until customers get them, and fit them without any problems !. So thanks for the feedback !. Please feel free to post some pics if you are so inclined ! Did you get your brackets powder coated ?

Thanks

Warren