HybridZ

Wilwood emergency/parking brake brackets

05plsrt4

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents...

I too fitted my kit this week (I still had the prototype kit fitted !). As you know, I sandblasted, then painted mine brackets. When i was fitting them, I had done everything and was at the stage of bolting the calipers up to the bracket. I was surprised when the 2 bolts for the main caliper got VERY tight, and to the point where they would tighten no more without extra leverage.. So..I removed the rotor, and ran a tap through the holes....it was the paint !.....i have never experienced this before, and after i ran the tap through, the bolts went in as they should !.

So.....this is just a heads-up for all you guys getting your brackets powder coated (or even painted) ....make sure you at least try threading your bolts all the way through EACH hole BEFORE you fit the brackets up. Its a little awkward re-tapping them once the bracket is bolted up !

Cheers

Joel...

Yep..pads come with the Mc4's!

Love the red...wish all mine were red lol

The red does look nice. I'm glad they have the black though, as all my wilwood calipers are indeed blk.   :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400786368374?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Gents...

I too fitted my kit this week (I still had the prototype kit fitted !). As you know, I sandblasted, then painted mine brackets. When i was fitting them, I had done everything and was at the stage of bolting the calipers up to the bracket. I was surprised when the 2 bolts for the main caliper got VERY tight, and to the point where they would tighten no more without extra leverage.. So..I removed the rotor, and ran a tap through the holes....it was the paint !.....i have never experienced this before, and after i ran the tap through, the bolts went in as they should !.

So.....this is just a heads-up for all you guys getting your brackets powder coated (or even painted) ....make sure you at least try threading your bolts all the way through EACH hole BEFORE you fit the brackets up. Its a little awkward re-tapping them once the bracket is bolted up !

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up Warren!. I will be sure to check mine out before install...

I finally got them. Would have been last week if not for the customs.

The thread of the holes for the main calipers are not completely going through. Was that intentionally?

3/8"-24 UNF was it?

So PLeased they finally arrived !....what was the problem with Customs ?

No !....definately not intentional.....the threads SHOULD go all the way through. In fact, this perhaps may have been the same problem that I encountered....I had to run a tap through the Main Caliper holes on mine also, but I assumed that it was paint (I couldnt see properly as they were mounted on the car).

I can only apologize for this, and hope that no one else has this issue...It cant be everyone because one person fitted their kits no problem.

Yes, the Thread for the main Caliper holes is 3/8 24

Cheers

Warren

They didn't like "Gift" and 400 AUD value on the package. And maybe the part where the gift is not packeged in gift wrap. :P  Had to show them the invoice.

PS: The thread on the front brake caliper holes are 7/16"-20.

Oh I see......I asked about this at the post office, and i was not allowed to have $500 insurance with $0 value.....Anyway, glad its all worked out !

I'm confused....the "front" Caliper ?.....I'm wondering why the reference to the front brakes ?

Got my box of goodies today!Would of been yesterday but wasn't home to meet the mailman,had to pick up at post office.

I also won't be able to install for awhile.Much appreciation Warren for offering this much needed product!

Eric

Because:

Does anyone know what screws are used in the front of the AZC kit?

Used a 9 mm allen key and the thread diameter is 10,1 mm? What are those?

7/16-20 (11,1mm diameter) thread for the bolts which hold the caliper,  12mm holes for the bolts to the stub axle.

I just didn't like to have wrong facts or unanswered questions open.

Edited by Ereschkigal

Mine arrived today ...two plates and a cable.

As others I wont be able to install this for a bit as well ....but will post it in my build thread when I do .

Thanks Again warren for giving me piece of mind while driving now lol.

Mine arrived today ...two plates and a cable.

As others I wont be able to install this for a bit as well ....but will post it in my build thread when I do .

Thanks Again warren for giving me piece of mind while driving now lol.

Cheers Rob....glad it made it there ! haha

Look forward to seeing your pics etc..

All the Best..

Woza

Because:

7/16-20 (11,1mm diameter) thread for the bolts which hold the caliper,  12mm holes for the bolts to the stub axle.

I just didn't like to have wrong facts or unanswered questions open.

Ahh fair enough....I get it now.....I was simply wondering where the reference to FRONT brakes came from.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the middle of installing the kit with the not completely unexpected problems with the hand brake cable end. I got the same problem you posted a while ago:

post-4989-0-71754600-1484121274.jpg

Not exactly sure how to solve this problem but my OEM cable worked for the other part and is long enough. It's a 12/72 build US 73 model.

post-33585-0-26189600-1494106970_thumb.jpg

post-33585-0-41751400-1494106980_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ereschkigal