HybridZ

Wilwood emergency/parking brake brackets

05plsrt4

Hi Alex...

Sorry to hear you are having these problems. As you said... not unexpected, as I clearly documented these issues with the stock cable before the ordering process began.

The only way i see if rectifying the problem, would be to remove the extra tab on the lever arm entirely, then grinding the arm to shape so that it will accept the cable clevis. If you do this, ensure you remove as little material as possible whilst still allowing free travel of the clevis through the whole travel arc of the lever

Keep us informed how you go!

Warren

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
speelling :)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my box from the post office today. I guess they decided not to take me off of my mail hold I put on. Looks great Warren! Thanks again for making these parts available. I'll need to find a powder coater now...

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
25 minutes ago, Bluestrk said:

Hey Woza01,  a lurker here. I know this is a very old thread, but if you’re out there, are you still willing to email your drawings for the AZC parking brake ready bracket? Like others, I found using a wheel chock has become tiresome.

PM sent in regards to these brackets

On 9/19/2021 at 12:00 AM, Bluestrk said:

Hey Woza01,  a lurker here. I know this is a very old thread, but if you’re out there, are you still willing to email your drawings for the AZC parking brake ready bracket? Like others, I found using a wheel chock has become tiresome.

Hi !..... Ill give it some thought, but am as busy as hell for the next couple of weeks - so please remind me again and Ill see if I can find them !

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Yep...sure do...these are the calipers I use for the brackets in question. Wilwood MC4.

Cheers

Ended up drawing making my own since I have the CAD, 3D printer and CNC machine available. Im sharing this because I have tested these parking brake calipers and they do work good as a parking brake. Not made for anything else but just for parking. 

I also made custom brackets for the Brembo’s too. Both are separate pieces just in case I want to swap one of them out for something else. 

617212F4-EB64-415E-967F-8AD62E62A50D.jpeg

5BA7A6D7-5D45-40EE-8FAD-71F305FBFA5B.jpeg

E43A8407-F2CB-4DA4-91F9-554579018CCD.jpeg

55F6F1E4-A00D-479B-9919-95F6C592616A.jpeg

813410B9-7B5D-4531-821E-77B87955B8AD.jpeg

Edited by mainboyd

I think I’m going to install a ball valve in the trans tunnel to lock my rear brakes. It will lock whatever pressure I have in the rear brake line and act as a super simple “parking brake”. I have front/rear MC’s, so it will just be my rear calipers. 

adding an additional caliper is ideal, but this is for a race car and I seldom need a parking brake.