HybridZ

280zx Seat upgrade

I had seat brackets ordered through werks II motorsport in Burbank ca. I'm sure they are outsourced to a company out in the long beach area that makes brackets. Starts with a W just can't remember the name.

Anyway the seat brackets are about $110 each and are completely bolt in. They could probably be recrated for about $50 if you knew how to weld. I had the brackets made so I can use either sparco sliders or bolt straight to a bottom mount seat. If you want I can get some measurements. Just pm me.

• 3 weeks later...

Rsx seats can fit pretty easily without much modification at all, but it's not the best choice if you're 6'4" like me bc they raise the seat height a bit. If you're a smaller guy then they'd be perfect.

Edited by zeeboost

• 1 month later...

12049d1365352748-money-pit-img_0554.jpg

If the above image works (linking to an attachment on another forum) that's what 2011 Ford Fiesta seats look like in an s130.  That was one of the first things I did with the interior back in March or so.  I've since ground more material off of the seats so they sit at about the same height as stock, as well as installed new carpet/refinished the dash etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Normally from what I know, you can use Honda CRXs, S2000, and (Z31) 300zx model seats. Corbeaus is the more for sure route to take, I know they make brackets for the 280zx also, they're on the expensive side, but they look killer in the Z. I have Subaru WRX impreza seats in my 280zx from an 2003 model. With custom drilled holes to fit the bolt pattern of the rails.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went with Corbeau LG1 seats in my ZXT. The stock sliders mechanism fits up inside the hollow of the stock seats. The Corbeaus are flush. This creates the need for the stock sliders to be modified. Anywhere I could cut to reduce height, I did. The cross bars with holes is what the seats mount too. Cutting the rear mounting holes gained a good inch. I want more headroom, so I will try the Corbeau sliders next. A little research implies I can cut the rear mounting holes like I did on the stock sliders. 

DSCN0850.JPGDSCN0852.JPGDSCN0860.JPGDSCN0856.JPGDSCN0633.JPG