HybridZ

OG still rockin the RB26....

Booztd 3

Noticed a few of my posts have been stickied since I left - cool to know people still appreciate some good info from time to time!

I have been busy as ever with my car lately. I fixed a bunch of crap on the car over the winter and in the process upgraded to ID2000 injectors. My 1000's were on the ragged edge of 100% duty cycle so I wanted to give myself some headroom. I didn't make any other "power" related changed except the addition of a GM boost control solenoid. This coming winter I am looking to build an engine for this car so if anyone has or knows of a good RB26 short/long block for sale please let me know! I went up to Sound Performance yesterday and spun the rollers over.

I don't think any microphone can do justice to what this thing sounds like at full song....its ear piercing

Yes - This car is still on a stock shortblock - so don't be hesitant to push the envelope guys!

At a little over 30psi the car made ~770rwhp and ~645 ft/lbs. We went for 35 psi but it mis-fired a few times and we ran out of time to adjust the dwell settings. I kind of battled the car getting hot all day which made for a little pain but all in all I am happy with the car.

Here's a dyno chart of the run before it made 770 (the 770 run we didn't monitor torque so I didnt take the print out) and a surprise that was waiting for me when I got home tonight

null_zpsc0fe5255.jpg

Here's a chart showing the 770 pull vs the 35 psi pull. You can see on the blue line (35psi) it was making 50-60rwhp more than 30 psi at the 108mph mark but started misfiring around the 115mph mark (no RPM signal so no torque values)

null_zps8da2ceb3.jpg

One of the biggest undertakings over the winter was I painted the engine bay. I pulled everything out and did it right - Used a single stage PPG in superwhite. I think it turned out great after doing a bit of house cleaning

null_zpsd1882909.jpg

And hit me up sometime Stony! Booztd3@gmail.com

I saw later last year in one of my posts you were asking if I was still playing around with these things - Absolutely!

I am working with a vendor right now to develop an off the shelf 10:1 C/R piston and would really like to build a 10:0 RB30 setup

I haven't done any parts sales in several years. With as low as part prices are on ebay it is really not worth the effort. Now I just stick to completing peoples projects (something you cant replicate and sell on ebay  :)

I only ran an auto for a very short time, which was to aid in helping BDE develop their TH400 adapter kit. At that time, I switched back to the 5sp  and have been running that ever since.

I bought mine while stationed in Japan. If I were to do it again I would go with a Supra motor Or a turbo v8. in fact I have been eyeballing a turbo LS X set up. That setup can be done and running for a fraction of the cost of a RB swap. and make just as much if not more power

You like LS turbo setups huh?

I got bored with my Z32 last year so I built this little gem. From the day I pulled it in bone stock to the garage to a dyno chart and completion was 3 months

I fabricated the entire turbo system and did the tuning

7903342b.jpg

5801755f.jpg

Over 340 pictures of the build here

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Booztd3/library/S13%20LS%20Turbo%20Build?sort=2&page=1

That car was a TON of fun. Sold it to free up some funds earlier this year

Edited by Booztd 3