HybridZ

I have a 1982 280zx 2+2 N/A and need to know whether or not my front strut assemblies are model specific or production date specific. My production date on my car is ( 1/82 ). When I had called the junkyard in order to find a new strut tower assembly since mine has a bent wheel hub affecting the camber, he asked me the production date of the vehicle to verify if his strut assembly would fit my car. 

I have had only one scrap yard ask me for this additional information out of the many that I called looking for the part. So that brought up a red flag for me. From my prior knowledge, I thought everything in the front end of the vehicle was compatible for all S130 years.

So if anyone can shine light on my situation, that would be great. If I am confusing anyone, here is a parts diagram of the strut assembly. I am looking for part number: 53402k as pictured below. Or 53403k since I am looking for the LH passenger front assembly. Or even 54308k since that looks like the wheel hub and strut container tower without the spring etc.

frontsuspensiondiagram.png

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure the front stuff is the same with possibly spring rates being the only difference.

I know the rear has two different shocks depending on the year but I have put entire spring/shock assembly from late 1982 car into a 1980 car with no issues.

I concur.  I purchased tokico hp strut inserts and springs + rear shocks & springs for a 2 seater turbo zx and they dropped in no problem into my 79 2+2 n/a zx.  Granted I did not use the 2 seater strut tube & hub too but kept my original 2+2 ones...but I'm willing to bet good money that they are exactly the same in the end too.  The only thing that should be different for you in this are the spring rates like Hmonkey said.