HybridZ

R154 bellhousing comparison

badjuju

Short question: does anyone have a picture of R154 bellhousings for a 2jz side by side with a 7m?

Long question:

I'm swapping the 7mgte in my '73 240z for a 2jz-ge. 

A buddy of mine will be back home from school in Sweden for a month this summer.  He will be helping me fabricate my turbo header.  

To guarantee we don't build a header with a turbo in an inopportune location, I'd like to have my motor mounted by the time we design and fabricate.

After purchasing my turbo (this hx50: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261222767187?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) I won't have the cash to purchase all flanges, piping, and elbows, AND an ebay bellhousing by the time he arrives.

I'm hoping to mount the motor without the 2jz bellhousing.

I'm hoping to mount the jz in the same position (front\back) as the 7m is now, and as I have some space between my trans tunnel and my current 7m bellhousing, I'm thinking it won't be an issue.

If the 2jz's bellhousing is significantly more broad, or doesn't funnel down as quickly, I may have an issue here, and have to refabricate some of the trans tunnel.

Any input?

I would imagine it would clear as long as you mount the engine same distance from firewall as the 7m. I didn't have any issue with the 1jz bell housing rubbing anything. I also don't recall beating the trans tunnel to clear the bell housing either however I beat a few spots for the trans itself. But you shouldn't have a problem since you already fitted that trans in the tunnel.