HybridZ

Yet another rear drum to disk conversion option!

Nigel

Can I still get in on this current group buy. I just saw the thread now and I am very interested. Thanks

Unfortunately, I'm all sold out. I had some extras made up, but they've already been claimed.

I hope to do this again in the future, but I can't promise how soon that will be. I'd like to have some feedback from the current group first. If I do this again, hopefully it'll go a little faster now that I have all of the logistics worked out.

Nigel

Discount Price

1. 280zcar (w/ centering ring)

2. takayuki (w/ centering ring)

3. KyleG (w/ centering ring)

4. Ryan Merrill (w/ centering ring)

5. calpoly-z (w/ centering ring)

6. pchermit (w/ centering ring)

7. xxjoeyxxeb (w/ centering ring)

8. Leon (w/ centering ring)

9. Whitehead Performance (w/ centering ring)

10. SoC MATADOR (w/ centering ring)

Full Price

11. Zedfoot (w/ centering ring)

12. Dave W (w/ centering ring)

13. Edmarc A (w/ centering ring)

14. Zilvia_gt (w/ centering ring)

15. braid11 (w/ centering ring)

$15 PRICE DROP!

After reviewing my production costs, I've decided that in addition to including the centering rings at no extra charge, I'm also going to drop the kit price by $15. So, the kits are now $310 for the first 10, and $335 thereafter. I'm serious about this kit having a future, so I'd like to make the pricing as competitive as possible. I'd like to drop the price more, but paypal fees will eat a few dollars, and I would like to make some profit after all the work that has gone into this  :D

Regardless, I am certain that for a rear disk conversion that includes a functioning parking brake, you will find nothing better than this conversion without spending well over $1000!

KyleG, since you've already paid cash, I'll refund you the $15 when I mail you the fasteners.

EF Ian, if I (hopefully) do another production run, I'll cut you a bit of a deal on a cable. Can't do much though, because I barely broken even with your kit, being a one-off run. 

Nigel

EF Ian, if I (hopefully) do another production run, I'll cut you a bit of a deal on a cable. Can't do much though, because I barely broken even with your kit, being a one-off run. 

Great, don't want you to be out any money, just charge me whatever the cable and shipping costs plus whatever profit you want for sorting it out. It was good that you helped me get the kit sorted quickly so I could get it fitted along with the other work I was carrying out.

I see your brake lines are different now, did you make much of a change from the version I have? I need to double check my clearances front and rear when I'm home next, ran out of time to check properly last time I was home. Pretty sure my lines were fine though.

Great, don't want you to be out any money, just charge me whatever the cable and shipping costs plus whatever profit you want for sorting it out. It was good that you helped me get the kit sorted quickly so I could get it fitted along with the other work I was carrying out.

I see your brake lines are different now, did you make much of a change from the version I have? I need to double check my clearances front and rear when I'm home next, ran out of time to check properly last time I was home. Pretty sure my lines were fine though.

It drives me crazy when I get in on what's claimed to be a good deal, only to find they've dropped the price even further a few months later! I don't want to do that to my customers.

When I was sourcing brake lines for your kit, the only manufacturers I could find were US based. For the production run, I just happened to find a local manufacturer that I actually had a contact at. He let me borrow fittings and brake hose to experiment with hose routing, which I spent considerable time doing. But in the end, I pretty much came back to the same configuration I supplied to you. The only real difference is that I added the spring guard for some extra protection, since it added very little to the cost. Beyond that, they're both made to the same DOT specifications.

Nigel

It's been a very hectic past few days, but kits have shipped for everyone I've requested payment from. Hopefully they all arrive without incident.

Zilvia_gt and braid11, message me with your mailing address so I can get a shipping quote for you, and I'll get your kits out asap, once I receive payment. 

I'm putting the finishing touches on the manual and should have that out soon.

Nigel

It's been a very hectic past few days, but kits have shipped for everyone I've requested payment from. Hopefully they all arrive without incident.

Zilvia_gt and braid11, message me with your mailing address so I can get a shipping quote for you, and I'll get your kits out asap, once I receive payment. 

I'm putting the finishing touches on the manual and should have that out soon.

Nigel

Did you get my message?

Tom

Received my kit today.

Bolted up one side. Still to need to do the passenger side and the parking brake.

Everything went together smoothly so far. Great kit Nigel! Please make more quality parts that I can buy.

Bought calipers from rockauto. They were $211 for the pair.

IMG_20140421_142155.jpg

Bye bye drum brakes.

IMG_20140421_210935.jpg

Bracket and centering ring installed.

IMG_20140421_211928.jpg

Caliper and rotor installed

IMG_20140421_213808.jpg

IMG_20140421_214223.jpg

Edited by 280zcar

The manual is complete!

Rear Brake Kit Installation Instructions R00.pdf

Looks like 280zcar is off to a good start without it. However, there are some important details in it, such as how to route the brake hose, so be sure to give it a thorough read. I've tried to make it as comprehensive as possible, but don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Nigel