HybridZ

Wide Band LC-1 not working

MaTTSuN

Hey guys

Just got my turbo swap running and was having problems with my wideband. 

I over heated the original one and it was throwing out the code 8 "over heated"

bought a new one and installed it today, i was looking forward to start tuning but the reading is the same. 

It shows about 8 for AFR on tunerstudio and doesnt really move

I tried to change the settings around for the wideband being used on tunerstudio but that did not really change much.

It was working before my turbo swap so im not really sure why its not working now.  If there is nothing i can do from the software side that i may be over looking then ill re-wire the megasquirt, maybe its a wire or 2 

thanks

Matt

Its not showing over heated anymore, It did when i first turned it on. Maybe it was just the code from my old one.

It is allot further down the downpipe then my last one and that lasted until i over heated it by welding too close to it on my new downpipe

My original set up lasted many years and it was about 6-8" from the turbo outlet

My new set-up is maybe 2' away

is there a better way to reset the LC-1 controller? Ive been hitting the little red button but it does not change the reading on TunerStudio

Thanks

Matt

well,

went through all my wiring, re hooked everything back up and it still reads fault 8

I opened logworks to see if i can see anything

when i first key on the sensor shows that it is warming up, then it seams to work for a second then it goes back to error 8

could this be a controller problem and not the sensor it self, the sensor is brand new ....

Im going to email innovative and see if there is anything i can do... 

i did the cal when i changed it :-)

the fact that the fault did not change even after i changed sensors lead me to believe it is the controller......I hope there is a reset i can do to get it working.  Or they sel me one for very cheap haha fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

Im having issues with innovate lc1 as well. Same story just got my turboz running and went to wire it, The wideband was sitting for 2 years in the box I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Iam getting a 7.4 on my gauge and the sensor is not heating up  I am leading to believe that it is the controller. I wish I never went with innovate at this point. I ordered another new sensor and will go from there.

Im having issues with innovate lc1 as well. Same story just got my turboz running and went to wire it, The wideband was sitting for 2 years in the box I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Iam getting a 7.4 on my gauge and the sensor is not heating up  I am leading to believe that it is the controller. I wish I never went with innovate at this point. I ordered another new sensor and will go from there.

A few years back they had a problem with the controllers, I'm not sure of the date range off the top of my head. If the manufacture date of your controller really is around two years then it should be safe from that defect.

The first thing I would check if connect to it using their logging software. If it can't read or connect, then your controller is the problem. It's been years since I used it, but I think it will give you some other diagnostic information too.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had mine working for years

I dont think i was nice to it but it always worked

Just after i welded to close to it, thats when i messed it

The bad thing is i cant get a hold of inovate, they wont return my e-mails

id like to send them my controller

well Innovative never got back to me after 3 emails

but after having the battery off for a few weeks it seams that the wideband is working again... I have not got my car running but its not flashing error 8 anymore :-)

• 3 weeks later...

A similar problem with my LC-1. No end of trouble with it and chased my tail for weeks. Junked the LC-1 and ended up buying an Australian Tech-edge unit (2CO) and had absolutely no problems with my wideband since.

Consistancy seems to be the main issue surrounding the Innovate units. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. PAINFUL.