HybridZ

HELP before i spend my life savings

Car-08/1973 260z

engine-vg30et

purpose-street driven,not necessarily dd, autox, drag, maybe a road coarse very rarely.

Before i spend all my money i just wanted to some feedback from u guys.

I am torn between the Arizona coilovers w camber plates, single adjustable struts for 1600

OR

MM coilovers kit w koni race 8610-1437 and hypertech springs and what ever camber plates are most recommended. cost a lil less than AZC.

Here is the catch i guess. Im not gonna go with LESS than 300 spring rates even tho that's what y'all say is easiest. I've seen these softer springs in action and the rear squats tremendously and still looks loose. i dont want that. ill suffer the bumps and ride quaility for better performance. any advice or input is greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Just so you know the reason sub 250lb springs are recommended with those shocks has absolutely nothing to do with what you've seen, how they look, ride quality, or harshness.  If you are after performance you should follow the instruction of those who came before you.  The rigidity of the chassis and the shocks them selves are what determines how much spring you can run for the best performance.  I would suggest you do more research than just trying to find the ones that are $100 cheaper.  That's what I would do. 

I've read more than most Im sure. everything Im reading says sub 250 springs are for readily available struts like illuminas and are not 200 dollars a piece. Im not trying to cheap out obviously if Im looking into anything azc has available. please, what would you do if you want a car that handles well without that sag and roll and typical characteristics of most others suspension? cause from what Im seeing if ya want 250+springs ya pretty much don't have much option other that the koni race 8610.

For instance, johnc's post from dec22 2005 saying that the 8610 valving has been raised 33% and would need more than a 300 spring rate. have i missed something? I've spent months reading before i spend so much and deciphered all the no longer available items from still currently available and remotely in my price range. ill spend 200 a corner on struts but not double that.

JohnC will get you the best overall product support i suspect.

AZC is nice too.

I made my own with the 250springs as everyone suggested and hated them.

Went to 425/450 springs and like them more.

Now I want even more spring (have cage, will flog)