HybridZ

my new 240z - pic heavy

Its not quite how it was described in the ad (ebay find), but its my start (my first 240z). Everything looks top notch until you look under it and in places like door jams. Nice paintjob when doors are closed but bad quality in the door receces' under hood etc.

Electrical has issue with no brake lights or turn signals or horn working, and I need to get it up on a lift to look under it as there looks to be some rust starting.

Overall a beautiful looker, but hiding quite a few projects underneath, which I'm excited to start on as it will give me something to do.

240send_01.JPG

240send_02.JPG

240send_04.JPG

240send_05.JPG

240send_07.JPG

240send_03.JPG

Pretty interresting.  Not sure I like the white tail panel, but hey, it's your car.  It looks pretty intact with quite a few "upgrades" so you're not doing badly at all  What plans are you thinking of?  Mostly just fixing the hidden stuff?

For now its just about fixing hidden stuff. I want to strip interior, make sure I see no rust, and then por15 or rustoleum to keep it that way, pull front fenders and do the same. Basically I want to find and stop rust to start with. 

eventually I'd like to replace diff with a lsd, find a 5 speed tranny, and do some engine upgrades to be able to get squirrely with it and have some punch. Theres a long list of things I'd like to do, driven by time and money constraints. 

I love seeing s30's with the fender flares, just have a hard time cutting perfectly good flares, so that might wait a bit.