HybridZ

P79: Carb Holes... Or No Holes...

Skatekov

O.K  So I believe all P79 came off of 280zx N/A (EFI... as you know)  
But Someone said that P79 came in both intake manifold mounts for Carbs existing and non existant. 

Is There a specific Year that they didin't put Carb mounting holes for the P79?  or was it dependant on theFactories?...

Surely, It can't be at random.   

I need to know b/c I plan on putting SUs on a 83 P79 head and Drilling isn't something I can do at home. 

SU carbs should bolt up to P79 heads, no problem.  Never heard of one not having the holes for it.  I've got '72 SUs and intake on an '81 P79.  All I had to do was make a couple new holes in the intake/exhaust gasket and re-arrange the bolts.

SU carbs should bolt up to P79 heads, no problem.  Never heard of one not having the holes for it.  I've got '72 SUs and intake on an '81 P79.  All I had to do was make a couple new holes in the intake/exhaust gasket and re-arrange the bolts.

Thats what I'm hoping... My bet Is that He saw a head that was welded shut, but who knows It might exist, It might not.  Maybe just another one of those false info on forums that over time become fact.