HybridZ

400hp NA L28?

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/06/70s-spirit-the-imsa-240z/

"With its competition-spec rebuild. word has it the fully-built L-motor is now outputting an extremely impressive 400 horsepower."

I've seen stroker setups that can get to 350hp, but 400hp? Im guessing thats crank and not at the wheels? Anyone know more about this car/setup and how they get to 400hp on solex carbs? Thats very impressive....

Theres a lot of curious things about the motor and its placement in that car. 

Maybe perspective.  Looks low, tall and aft.

I noticed that too, but wasnt sure if the position of it that far back was because of the GNOSE kit or something else going on.

I want that dash.... and the coolant system looks different too, on the passenger side of the engine compartment. I'm not shure what I'm seeing there, towards the front, some type of over flow/surge tank???

I would love to see underneath, at the suspention and brakes..............

I took photos underneath in 95 after it's original restoration was completed. 

Lots of things were going on on the 25th anniversary of the Z emerging...even if one wasn't available for sale in the USA...

Hell, Dick Clark was even involved!

There is a very extensive thread started  by josh280z about the japanese making 400hp NA drag motors. It may shed some insight. 

Ah I found it, it was josh817 back in 2010. I actually have seen this post I think last year when I was working on my cars setup.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/90037-japanese-na-l6-400hp-how-they-do-it-pictures-ive-found-etc-not-56k-safe/

Edited by AZGhost623