HybridZ

16x8 +15 offset on a 280Z?

So ive been searching and searching and even the seller is unsure if these will fit without spacers even though they advertise em as fitting. Im looking to use them without spacers so if they would be needed ill just move on but ive got a great price on a set and I really like them.

heres a link to the set incase anyone has any first hand knowledge on this brand/set/size

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16X8-VarrStoen-V4-Wheels-4X114-3-RIM-15MM-FITS-DATSUN-240Z-1970-1985-/330813051976?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item4d05fe9448&vxp=mtr

sorry if some one has asked this, ive searched and come up empty handed but im sure the knowldge on this site can help me out!

The eBay listing says they require 5 mm spacers for a 280z.

The rim might fit without hitting, but you would need to run pretty narrow tires on an 8" rim without the tire hitting the spring.

Edited by Rob240z

I have 16x8's, +15 without spacers and have no rubbing anywhere. For reference I'm on coils and have rolled fenders. The rolled fenders were not needed for this combo, but coils for sure due to the to the spring perch. Tires are 215/50-16. It's got a nice tuck as well.

Datsun2.jpg

Edited by str8pipez

It may depend on how accurate the stated measurement is. I have 16x8+10 RBR with coilovers and the fit is great with 225/50/16 street tires. For me, the rears are the closest to the spring seat. With Hoosiers, which have a very thick sidewall, 245/45/16s have less than a millimeter clearance to the spring seat in back, and I have been considering buying some +4 offset RBRs just for the back. I think you need to be prepared for spacers if you buy those pretty wheels. If you decide to go for it, just be knowledgeable about the return policy.

i appreciate the quick response guys. looks like some rota RBs might be in my future if i can find em for the right price.

I just purchased these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROTA-RB-R-WHEELS-16X8-4X114-3-04-RHYPBLK-CELICA-240Z-RX7-280ZX-AE86-/300926392604?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&vxp=mtr&hash=item46109c591c

These guys are easy to deal with and super quick shipping. I am normally cautious of eBay sellers, but this transaction went well.

chris

i really like those but im not sure how the gun metal will look against the dark blue on my paint, dow you have picture of them mounted? i really like the 17's staggerd with the ZG flares but that seems to be alot of work to get right. might be above my skill/spend level.

I THINK the offsets available for the RBRs are kind of bad for an unflared z. And I think they waste a lot of room inboard due to having negative offset. I'm gonna be buying the 17" Rota grid this winter-I don't really like the looks but I feel better about the offsets available.

I THINK the offsets available for the RBRs are kind of bad for an unflared z. And I think they waste a lot of room inboard due to having negative offset. I'm gonna be buying the 17" Rota grid this winter-I don't really like the looks but I feel better about the offsets available.

The RBR's I got are16 x 8 with a +4 offset. +10 is also available. I intend to run these without flares. I will be using coilovers. Sorry, no pix, my Z is still on the rotisserie.

chris

The bottom line is what size tires do you want to run?  If you have a stock suspension then you're pretty much limited to 225 x 16.

Those will fit nicely on 16x7 or 16x7.5" wheels with a +5 to +10 offset.  I'm running 225/50-16's all around on 16x7 wheels with 0 offset and a stock suspension.  I'm going to coilovers but the tires will have to stay the same because the 0 offset puts the 225's right at the edge of the fender well lip.

I'f you want to run larger tires then you can go to coil-overs which will allow 245's and or flares which could allow even more.  My son's 240Z is running 275/40-17 tires on 17x9.5" wheels in the rear with coilovers and flares. He has 245/40-17's in the front on q7x8.5" wheels.  Offset unknown.  Depending on what you are going to do with your car you'\ll have to take some very careful measurements to see what will work.  Lowering the car will also affect the decision.  It's never as easy as you may think.

Edited by Phantom

• 3 weeks later...

a little rubbing on bumps at highway speeds and i needed to take off about an inch and half on the passenger airdam around the tire to keep it from catching. setups the hyper black rota rbs with 225/45/17 goodyear eagle f1 tires all for aroun 900$ mounted and balanced!