HybridZ

viscous or clutch R200 ???

shupee

OK I did the search thing and did not find the answer so-------- Can you tell the difference by looking short of pulling the P/S axle out?? I went from 0 LSD's to 3 in one week. scored on this one for $375 shipped--They told me it was a Shiro car but who knows.F7DBF07E-orig_zps6c791d5b.jpg

Then I scored this one on E-bay for $200 shipped which will be a good spare or use with the axles from the  other http://www.ebay.com/itm/130937390039?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I also bought a known SS Shiro set-up with axles for $150 from an undisclosed super top secret junkyard.

I'de go buy a lottery ticket if I was you. Though with that string of luck, you might be just about dry...

No way to tell C vs V without yanking an axle at least.

Edited by z240

Congrats, you luck dog!  Just pull the rear cover off -  viscous looks very different internally.  Viscous is heavier than a CLSD.  Don't know how they "perform" any differently.  I have been frustrated ted by my inability to get my CLSD to stop chattering and banging, so a VLSD may be a plus, especially for a street car.  If you drag race your car, 3.90 is good for 1/4-mile, but kind of sucks for 1/8-mile.  For 1/8-mile you would be better off with 3.54.

Well I busted the rear in the pic apart and its a 3.70 CLUTCH LSD looks new inside axles and boots are near perfect. Well worth the $375 that I paid especially when they paid $160 to ship it from Oklahoma