HybridZ

Another HybridZ E36 LS1 Swap

fp280z

I've been wanting to post a build thread for my new project but was banned from bimmerforums years ago for some reason that I don't even remember, too many for sale posts I guess.  Seems like it's common for Z guys to also dabble in BMWs (this is my second E36) and since this is HybridZ it is probably just as common for us to embark on the LS1 path so I feel like I'm part of a small but completely awesome brotherhood here!  I especially want to thank BRAAP (Paul?) for his build threads, they have been very helpful!

Getting a new domain setup so I can post some pictures but in the meantime I've been using a Facebook page to track my progress.  LS1 and T56 are in, Vorshlag kit is mostly together, working on ABS and rear suspension now:

http://www.facebook.com/e36ls1

The FP car is still in the mix and is running better than it ever has.  I managed a 3rd place podium finish at last year's SCCA National Championships but I'm taking it easy this year (new baby!)

Anyway, will post more as I have time...

-Rick

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Nothing wrong with a good v8 powered e36

Agreed.

I've been wanting to post a build thread for my new project but was banned from bimmerforums years ago for some reason that I don't even remember, too many for sale posts I guess.  Seems like it's common for Z guys to also dabble in BMWs (this is my second E36) and since this is HybridZ it is probably just as common for us to embark on the LS1 path so I feel like I'm part of a small but completely awesome brotherhood here!  I especially want to thank BRAAP (Paul?) for his build threads, they have been very helpful!

Anyway, will post more as I have time...

-Rick

Rick,

Glad my build threads have been helpful.

Currently finishing up BrianV8Z's LSx E36 in the shop, (hopefully soon, Brian ahd been very VERY patient with the slow progress), then starting another one for my self. After selling my first one have been kicking myself ever since. Bought and E39 to LSx but it just doesn't deliver the same passion infused driving experience the M3 did, gorgeous silver E39 is up for sale that will help to fund another LSx E36.