HybridZ

sunroof id - a long shot

PapaSmurf

Looking for help with this old sunroof on my 78. Glass 33.5 x 15.5in rounded rectangle tinted says solar cool on center back. It is pop up style with two back pop up latches and two forward hinges. I think it was a dealer option... I ordered a latch that looks like it may fit on eBay but I still need a seal. post-1143-0-93782900-1373429014_thumb.jpgpost-1143-0-38304900-1373429032_thumb.jpgpost-1143-0-56277200-1373429066_thumb.jpgpost-1143-0-91555200-1373429088_thumb.jpg

If I can't figure it out plan B will involve a rubber mold plan C I suppose is finding some metal and a new headliner

Call me crazy but I really love this sunroof. It suits the car its been there for every mile on the odometer. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a new seal or repair this one if a nos piece can not be found?

I was thinking if I remove the frame and seal it then I have my mold...

Edited by PapaSmurf

post-1143-0-93191000-1373918425_thumb.jpgpost-1143-0-72843200-1373918452_thumb.jpgWoot I got the sunroof latch in the mail today its not an exact match but it was soooo close the id of the retaining pin hole was smaller than what I had so I used the pin that came with the new latch and used my old plastic piece so it matched I just needed the pin that went through the glass :) :)

Edited by PapaSmurf

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

PapaSmurf,

Try going to CR Laurence website.   They are one of the largest glass and glazing product supplier in the USA.   Go to their

Automotive Section then to Search-type in Sun Roofs.   They have all the parts(even the replacement glass).   I did not see exact

size that you were looking for (33 1/2" X 14")  But they had 35" X 15" gaskets so you would have cut 1 1/2" off.  That is, if the cross section

of the gasket was similar.   If it is similar, cut the gasket a little larger( 1/4")  so if it shrinks, it would not leak.  Also, put the gap of the gasket in the

rear of the sunroof to help eliminate wind forcing water in as you drive at high speed.  I hope this information helps.

Toolman