HybridZ

Quick weber 40 question

zero

I'm working on a project with webers, and need velocity stack dimensions. I only have weber 45's on hand, and was hoping someone could take a couple quick measurements for me. For the slide in type velocity stacks, I need the inner and outer diameter of the part of the stack that slides in, as well as the depth of the same. On the 45's the ID is slightly greater than 45. This is a fairly critical measurement, so calipers would be the best way to measure it.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Those look real nice. Any idea what you are going to charge if you offer them to the public? Mine are covered by my carbon fiber air box but I know people that may be interested.

I will definitely be offering them to the public. I haven't quite decided on a price, but because of the method I'm using for moldmaking, I'll be able to do any design you want, different lengths, taper, ovalised, curved etc. currently trying to nail down my costs for custom molds.

Oh I get what you mean. Yeah that first one would be tricky. It could be done, but only with a consumable mold, which would increase the production cost pretty rapidly.

Elliptical wouldn't be hard at all.

Thanks for the info, definitely useful stuff. To start out I just copied an existing standard Weber stack, but I will be looking into other geometries. 

Edited by zero

• 2 weeks later...