HybridZ

Just to forewarn anyone out there that is tempted by CXracing's "deals".

I will share my recent experience with this worthless excuse of a company.

First off, I will start with a bit of my backround in the automotive world...
I have been building custom cars and motorcycles for over 25 years. I am far
from new to the fabricating/aftermarket performance scene. I have a lot of experience buying and selling performance parts. I even ran a shop for a few years where I was in charge of ordering from and setting up accounts with aftermarket vendors.

My 260Z is my baby and sometimes, when money is short but the desire is there, I have gone cheap but not without doing a little research first.

I checked out CXracing and even bought a surge tank and an intercooler from them to check their quality.

I have heard that all they sell is Chinese garbage and until my most recent purchase, I didn't have any complaints.

I've owned my 260z for 15 years and I have done a great deal of custom work and upgrades to her.

I performed my RB25DET swap over a year ago and I have been daily
driving it ever since. I was a little disappointed by the dyno results so I decided to shoot for more HP.

I ordered CXracing's RB25DET S30 turbo kit minus the mounts/intercooler since my car was already set up and I requested to swap the GT35 for their GT3071R.

This is what I should have received... GT3071r ball bearing turbo with oil
feed/drain lines, oil fittings, coolant fittings, 4 bolt to v-band adapter, manifold
w/welded wastegate flange, 3" downpipe, and a 38mm wastegate.

What I received was a GT3071r turbo with severe shaft play (the wheel hits the compressor housing), 24" feed line that won't fit unless it is routed in between and resting on the header tubes, incorrect oil feed and
drain fittings (They sent me gt35 fittings not the gt3071r), the drain hose was
correct but it's hard to screw that up, no coolant fittings/lines at all, no 4 bolt to v-band
adapter, no wastegate flange welded to the manifold, 3" downpipe that wasn't
even close to fitting (if my engine was 9" lower and 5" more towards the radiator it would work but that's
impossible) and a 38mm wastegate that was so large the v-band clamp at the back of the turbo hits the vacuum port on the wastegate (after I had the flange welded on, of course).

From what I have witnessed, the quality control department over at CXRacing doesn't
exist and obviously the knowledge of what they are selling is lacking as well.
If someone would have taken an extra 30 seconds to check what was going with
what for my application, I wouldn't be writing this. Actually, if someone would
have contacted me back after I left multiple messages (weeks ago) regarding
these issues, I wouldn't have wrote this. The day I received the package  I left messages with their sales department, tech department, my sales person and Kevin (I was told he was the man in charge) with absolutely no response from anyone.

The guys at CXracing will answer all of your questions and help you any way they can until you pay them. Once they get your money, you can say goodbye to any service.
Basically, they will take your money and send you some parts that might or might not work on your car. What doesn't work or was left out of the box, you are responsible for replacing. They do not stand behind what they sell unless there
is a possibility of negative feedback on Ebay and that will only last until the feedback window is closed.

I learned the "you get what you pay for" lesson years and years ago. I decided to give them a shot because of a recommendation from someone I know. Of course, they only bought an intercooler.

I am hoping that no one else here or anywhere else makes the mistake of buying from this company.

post-3991-0-81543200-1373560662_thumb.jpg

No offense dude, but buying a Chinese knock off turbo.. well yeah.. it's going to be terrible. It's too bad you can't return it due to their poor customer service though. Get eBay and Paypal involved, that should at least get a response out of them.

No offense dude, but buying a Chinese knock off turbo.. well yeah.. it's going to be terrible. It's too bad you can't return it due to their poor customer service though. Get eBay and Paypal involved, that should at least get a response out of them.

I bought it direct without going through Ebay and I didn't pay via Paypal or I would have already filed a claim against them. I've already bought the necessary missing and wrong parts so I can get my car back on the road. I will be replacing the turbo with a real Garrett GT3071R and I've already replaced the wastegate. I was more or less buying their kit for the manifold and downpipe which ended up having to be modified to work.

I posted about this a year ago. I bought their GT35R kit. Be glad you didnt get that turbo! That turbo will NOT clear the strut housing. I had to cut and re-weld the T3 flange at a more parallel angle to the head length. I still havent figured out how to address the wastegate flange... can you post more pictures of how you got a wastegate on there... I opted for a TIAL unit and without more adapters or cutting and welding it doesnt work. The downpipe fits a stock R33 for sure, but not the S30. It will even fit the S13! I did get the 4bolt to vband adapter and Im happy with that. The oil line was ridiculous... I bought some adapters and then coiled the line around the mount and used a generic strap to mount it down from flopping in the engine bay. The coolant lines were another 60bucks from ebay and the AN adapters to fit the turbo were another $30...

Then I bought the LoveFab... let me tell you now, I am still planning on using the CXracing manifold even though it obvously SUCKS! Did you look inside the runners at the joints? what a joke... #5/#6 joint is possibly the worst on mine.

Currently as everything sits I ended up putting the GT35R they sent me on another rb manifold and into a different car. MY 260Z has the CXracing manifold and a GT3076R turbo on it currently waiting for me to get around to finishing it up.

I bought my parts through upscale automotive, and luckily the owner/operator had an R33 with the same kit on it and he spelled out all the complications and even set me up with a few extra parts as related to his car, and still I ran into the other issues I mentioned.

I posted about this a year ago. I bought their GT35R kit. Be glad you didnt get that turbo! That turbo will NOT clear the strut housing. I had to cut and re-weld the T3 flange at a more parallel angle to the head length. I still havent figured out how to address the wastegate flange... can you post more pictures of how you got a wastegate on there... I opted for a TIAL unit and without more adapters or cutting and welding it doesnt work. The downpipe fits a stock R33 for sure, but not the S30. It will even fit the S13! I did get the 4bolt to vband adapter and Im happy with that. The oil line was ridiculous... I bought some adapters and then coiled the line around the mount and used a generic strap to mount it down from flopping in the engine bay. The coolant lines were another 60bucks from ebay and the AN adapters to fit the turbo were another $30...

Then I bought the LoveFab... let me tell you now, I am still planning on using the CXracing manifold even though it obvously SUCKS! Did you look inside the runners at the joints? what a joke... #5/#6 joint is possibly the worst on mine.

Currently as everything sits I ended up putting the GT35R they sent me on another rb manifold and into a different car. MY 260Z has the CXracing manifold and a GT3076R turbo on it currently waiting for me to get around to finishing it up.

I bought my parts through upscale automotive, and luckily the owner/operator had an R33 with the same kit on it and he spelled out all the complications and even set me up with a few extra parts as related to his car, and still I ran into the other issues I mentioned.

I bought the Turbosmart Ultra-gate 38mm and I love the size of it. I am still working on the dump pipe and I'm not sure how I am going to route it yet. I had to redesign the downpipe completely and I finished that last night. I am hoping to get everything bolted in tonight (weather permitting) minus the wastegate dump. I did take a look inside the manifold and besides the 1/2 ass port job, mine wasn't that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a bit of a shame.  I knew Kevin (Indeed the man in charge) from yeeaarrss ago and have used a small handfull of their parts on both of my cars (Ae86 and S30)- with zero issues to date.  Im also running a cx racing turbo on my Z- An oldie t3/t4 hybrid style turbo.  I ran it for years without a hitch-  Its still working great on my car but I no longer daily it as I've moved half way around the world to aussie and the Z has been demoted to a weekend project toy when im visiting home for vacations.  Its disheartening to hear bad stories like this.  Ive always had good response/feedback from the company, but then again I lived locally in socal and always went down in person to deal with them :\

Sorry to hear that.  I hope you get this sorted out.  Give them a call if you havent already.  Did you pay cash or by paypal?  If they refuse to acknowledge you talk to paypal or your credit card company and try opening up a claim to get your money back.  Best of luck