HybridZ

Found a windtunnel for sale

My wife and I were in one of the local Disabled Vets thrift stores today and in the back I spotted a windtunnel, as you might expect it is far from the size you could put a car into but it is also not a toy. The tunnel has a testing area that is about 6"W, 6"H and 18"L, the over all length is around 12 feet. This unit has a sensor of some sort in it and a data port at the bottom. The windtunnel had a proce listed on it of $89 and "AS IS" written in red beside the price.

I did take a picture with my phone but my phone and computer don't talk to each other so I currently can not upload the picture. The thrift store where it is located is in Chula Vista California for anyone who may be interested.

Dragonfly

If both your phone and computer are bluetooth capable they will talk to each other.

Both my phone and computer are dinosaurs, the phone has blue tooth but the computer does not...

Tony, it did not come from GA but there is a label on it that says it was made in San Diego, it appears that it may have been made at UCSD and used by the engineering students.

I personaly can't think of any thing it could be used for in doing testing on Z cars (or any other car for that matter) but I know there are some very ingenious people on this forum and who knows what someone may acomplish with a small windtunnel.

Dragonfly

Edited by Dragonfly

That's just bitchen enough just to buy and stick in your garage just so you can say "well my wind tunnel tests  indicate" waiting, just WAITING for someone  to ask the  question you WANT to answer: "You have your own wind tunnel?"

Why yes, yes I do matter of fact, Jetstream 5300!

LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Can't test a car, but you could test car "parts".  IE mirrors, small fiddlely bits.  Certainly models of a car if you fab it accurately enough.  For 89 bucks if I was close, I'd buy for the same reason as Tony stated.  Geewizz factor.  I'm famous for it.

Job interviews really turn bizzare when the interviewer stops cold and says: "Excuse me, Forklift? Did you just say you had your own Forklift?"

I THINK the ability to unload up to 5,000# at my personal residence and break down parts pallets for several jobs each month was a primary reason I was hired at one company!

When I went into the office for training on Policies and Procedures people kept coming up saying "You're the new guy....the one with his own Forklift?"

No, I'm the other new guy, the one with his own Wind Tunnel!

LOL