HybridZ

Generic ebay type T3 DP flanges on stock turbo?

spiff

Hi, I tried searching but didn't find anything conclusive.

I am in the process of swapping a L28ET in to my 280Z but I want to make a better flowing downpipe than stock, I have bought two 45degree exhaust bends but I need a flange for the turbo.

Does the T3 DP flanges you find on ebay fit the stock turbo? 4bolt. Like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-4-Bolt-Turbo-Exhaust-Downpipe-Flange-Gasket-T3-50AR-T3-T4-GT35-T3-60-1-/380407544274?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58920e79d2&vxp=mtr

Or if I wanted to go with V-band would this be interchangable with my stock wastegate housing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/t3-t3t4-5-bolt-turbo-downpipe-flange-to-2-5-v-band-/141012117247?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d4fa26ff&vxp=mtr

Do you have the stock downpipe? If you are set on making a better flowing one, why not cut the flange off the stock one and go from there?

Yes I have the complete exhaust from downpipe and to the cat I believe, but isn't the stock DP cast iron? Isn't that hard to weld to stainless? The exhaust bends I have bought are 2.5" stainless steel...

There wouldn't happen to be anyone here with a CAD drawing of the flange? I have a friend with access to a cnc mill but he needed a cad drawing to give to the operator....

The stock downpipe is cast ferrous alloy, yes...but it may weld nicely, it might not. All depends on your welder, your welder's machine, and the material.

There was someone on this site selling these flanges pre-cut, but it wouldn't be hard for you to cut one out of plate, using the original gasket as the template.

• 10 months later...