HybridZ

Time for the 5.3 to get some more power

I'm actually having the most fun so far racing directly against another V8 Z-car. We get together about every 2-3 weeks. I'm beating him now, but I know he has more potential with his T350 and a crew chief that knows his stuff. Got a feeling next summer he's gonna walk away from me, when I really wish our cars were totally matched so that it was a driver's race.

Edited by RebekahsZ

Dom I think its time you start your turbo build.

Gotta finished the truck first . Then I have to finish the interior on the Z . Have to wait for the temp to come down a little for body work and plasti-dip . It'll be next year before I start on the turbo motor build . Still need to get a 8.8 rear diff for the ZX .

Not sure yet. Probably will be dumped in the engine bay and have a full exhaust running out the back of the car so its not so loud. Electric cut outs would be awesome. Got to edit for the grammar Nazis.

Edited by mattd428

• 3 weeks later...

Time for an update. The OBX headers off of ebay fit.........they are tight but they do fit. I had to do a little massaging to a strut tower about 1/4". Turbo mounting is going to be tough not a whole lot of room. Might just break down and move the radiator. But hey she is partially back together. Other issue is the coils will have to be relocated no room for plug wires.

post-30741-0-74652100-1377980756_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-35528500-1377980777_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-73136200-1377980822_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-38309700-1377980839_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-69563900-1377980848_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The motor is solid mounted by replacing the biscuut mounts with aluminum blocks and the trans is a solid mount also. There shouldnt be any issues with the motor moving.......unless I break a mount. (knock on wood) That hood is going to be cooking thats for sure. No hood would be easier.