HybridZ

200 4r / 700r4 / TH350 transmission yoke

I just popped the driveshaft off of my z to rebuild the motor and install a 200 4r trans.  It's currently got a chevy 327 with a th350 and r200 rear end.  I found that the yoke is missing a spline, I think.  Is it supposed to have 26 or 27 splines? I'm looking for a replacement that will fit a 200 4r.  Is it the same yoke? How do I determine what length I need?  As you can see in the picture below, the yoke used on my th350 is about 6.125 inches in overall length.  Is this the length that is referred to in the specs, such as here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/axe-t350-hp/overview/ ?  Anything else I need to be aware of when replacing the yoke or swapping to the 200 4r?

Thanks!

svSaOv8.jpg?1

Edited by Wilson_WWSC

I don't really know how to tell you how to measure for your needs, but I can address the yoke. Most of them are missing a spline, so count the number you have and add one (probably 27). Check speedwaymotors.com for the standard length yokes available. They have the measurements in their catalog, perhaps they have the on line too. The length measurements are made from the centerline of the u-joint cap to the tip of the yoke.

Hi i beleive that the measurements are from center of yokes on both ends. In order to calculate the right length you need to build. I think i have done the same thing with my 90 sx that has a sbc 350 with gear drive and a massive cam too. Its nasty fast but i am looking into a swap on my current 83 280zx turbo. But i am reluctant to do so because the car is numbers matching original 280zx turbo. Im just not a japan based engine guy. too complicated for me to understand. Thanks i hope this helps a bit. BOLO

When i switched from the turbo350 to the 2004r the  driveshaft was a direct swap just had to relocate the rear trans mount.

The 2004r works great in the z  as to ratios and not consuming alot of HP to run

The cooling lines are a little tight on pasenger side tunnel.

When i switched from the turbo350 to the 2004r the  driveshaft was a direct swap just had to relocate the rear trans mount.

The 2004r works great in the z  as to ratios and not consuming alot of HP to run

The cooling lines are a little tight on pasenger side tunnel.

What cooling lines did you run?  Is the top or bottom line the return line?  I'm planning on running an external cooler on the return line from the radiator cooler.