HybridZ

E31 head and couple L28 short blocks needed

zguy240

• 3 weeks later...

Hello:

You inspired me to do a little attic cleaning as I've been thinking about liquidating four E31 heads I've had for years.  From pure raw with absoulutely no hardware in it and it has been ported, another with valves springs, retainers, pivot studs and no cam towers (these two have a broken stud at the front of exhaust port # 1), a third with all the hardware (valves, springs, retainers, studs, cam towers).

The fourth is a fully prepared race head that I've had for 33 years, and raced with on different blocks.  It is ported, fitted with the larger L28 Nissan comp. valves and retainers, Isky springs. It had a professional valve job done on it two years ago. I pulled it off my race enging 14 months ago and is in great shape.

If you insist on only buying in the LA area, then we don't need to discuss this, as I live across the country in South Florida.  I understand any concern on shipping costs that you may have on the blocks you're looking for, but a head would not be that much to ship. If you're interested, I will post pics on this link, other wise I will post them on the "parts for sale" category. I would also be interested in bartering for, with one of the first three mentioned above for a P90 SQARE PORT (not P90A)

Please let me know.

Larry   

Hello:

You inspired me to do a little attic cleaning as I've been thinking about liquidating four E31 heads I've had for years.  From pure raw with absoulutely no hardware in it and it has been ported, another with valves springs, retainers, pivot studs and no cam towers (these two have a broken stud at the front of exhaust port # 1), a third with all the hardware (valves, springs, retainers, studs, cam towers).

The fourth is a fully prepared race head that I've had for 33 years, and raced with on different blocks.  It is ported, fitted with the larger L28 Nissan comp. valves and retainers, Isky springs. It had a professional valve job done on it two years ago. I pulled it off my race enging 14 months ago and is in great shape.

If you insist on only buying in the LA area, then we don't need to discuss this, as I live across the country in South Florida.  I understand any concern on shipping costs that you may have on the blocks you're looking for, but a head would not be that much to ship. If you're interested, I will post pics on this link, other wise I will post them on the "parts for sale" category. I would also be interested in bartering for, with one of the first three mentioned above for a P90 SQARE PORT (not P90A)

Please let me know.

Larry   

I'm interested but need pics. thanks.

OK, here they are in their order of assembly and price:  the raw head with no hardware is $300 and its intake has been ported, it needs at least one valve guide replaced,  the one with valves and no cam towers is $400, and has a broken stud at exhaust port # 1, the one with valves and cam towers is $500 and has the same broken stud, the race head ported polished and comp valves and retainers and Isky springs is $950. the retainers are Nissan comp and are for thicker than stock lash pads for the reground cam I ran. The cam towers are the ones that utilize a spray bar, I don't have one to sell.You specified you wanted a usable head.  The only one of the bunch I would consider usable is the race head.  The others have been in storage for decades and the valves haven't moved in that long. They are rebuildable but not usable. If you want more detailed pics on any or all of them, please send me your e-mail address and I will.  Thanks.  Larry

post-3099-0-51290600-1377361558_thumb.jpg

post-3099-0-22371600-1377361635_thumb.jpg

post-3099-0-50446300-1377361653_thumb.jpg

post-3099-0-50828000-1377361671_thumb.jpg

post-3099-0-30179100-1377361692_thumb.jpg

post-3099-0-92620800-1377361707_thumb.jpg

post-3099-0-57876800-1377361728_thumb.jpg

post-3099-0-51476900-1377361752_thumb.jpg

post-3099-0-07143100-1377361767_thumb.jpg