HybridZ

Pictures Of Pillar Pod Style gauges In Car

DatsunZman04

I am running out of room in my 240z to put aftermarket gauges, and I was wanting to fabricate a 3 tier pillar pod and mount this in my car.

The problem is theres not much room between the windshield and the driverside door frame. I know this has been done before because I have seen YOUTUBE videos with Datsun Z's having them.

If anyone has any information/ Pics/ Instructions that would be help full.

I'am wanting to add a fuel pressure, Air to Fuel Ratio, and exhaust temp using 52mm or 2 1/16 gauges

Thanks again,

• 3 weeks later...

miata 2 gauge pod on my 77:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/110595327894846974778/albums/5847680414105477217/5850522264572523234?pid=5850522264572523234&oid=110595327894846974778

Used zip ties to close up the back a bit and then used a heatgun to relax the plastic so it would stay that way. Attached to the stock trim piece with 2 small zipties around the back and through a hole drilled in the pod. It wraps around the a-pillar from the glass all the way around the door weatherstrip attachment.

Sam

I assume you've already done a radio delete.

I don't a picture currently, but I put my A/F gauge in between the 2 main gauges in a small pod mounted to the plastic steering column cover.

If you don't have AC anymore, you can mod the AC duct vents (the round ones on the outer edges of the dash. Or the center ones too I suppose) and put one in there as well. Its a little low, but with some creativity I bet you could angle it up towards you.

Edited by R3VO 3VOM

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I kept the radio but already deleated my center vents and switches, All I have is fan on/off for defrost if I need it. I was just trying to see what make and model everyone was using to modify pillar pods to make them work. Cheap as they are I guess I can buy one and start molding it to the shape I want.

Thanks for the info.

• 4 years later...
On 8/30/2013 at 1:22 PM, ZT-R said:

Here is mine. I made it, pretty simple.

8218022053_33827f9749_b.jpg

I actually really like the "industrial" look of this.

Anyone have a link to the kind of mounts used or know what to search for? I can only find full-pillar pod styles.

Edited by AlbatrossCafe