HybridZ

Biggest bore L24 Block??

DatsunZman04

I unfortunately have more sense than money. We were just spit balling some combinations if money was no option. Obviously for that kind of money you could put just about any combination in a old Z. I like hearing other peoples wild builds and how they achieved it.

When someone has extra parts laying around they always want to know their options on what to do with them and achieve the best result.

I appreciate evryones thoughts on the subject, I am just going to locate a L28 block and bore it out and get a new set of pistons

DatsunZman04 :2thumbs:            

It's a LOT of machine work, comparatively, to get the RB crank into the L block. Several dimensions along the length of the crank, plus addressing the thrust bearing, rods, clearancing the block, ect.

I have looked into having liners installed in a V07 block, and it was a LOT less than 6K locally. I was quoted 1250$ to have the block magnafluxed, sleeved, mains align-honed, block decked, and block pressure tested, by a diesel machine shop. Linered blocks are their bread and butter, and they had some sleeves on the shelf they said they could make work. The liners weren't welded, but instead installed with O-rings.

We have a 89mm rb stroke crank for the L 28 , We also have a 90mm , and 96mm stroke billet kit for the L28 block , 

i have fitted the 89, kit in the L 24 block with 86mm bore , made great power and torque , no need to go vo7 ,just to hard ,when the stock block works fine ,we have ways of making the deck taller.

The 89mm kit comes with ever part for the bottom end , rods and pistons, bearings and custom flywheel  , and ready to bolt in crank , cost $6500 + shiping  also i check all sizes before its go out to make shore its a easy build 

"we have ways of making the deck taller."

Muahahaha ha!

The job is trying to push me to Olympic Dam during Singapore F1 Weekend... That happens and I spend a two week stretch Bak of Beyond and I'm going someplace for R&R! You were forewarned! LOL

That sounds pretty ominous, PMC, but I think I'm familiar with your method...It would come out less costly than the diesel shop, but not by much. How do you get the bottom of the new deck and the top of the old deck to stay sealed up and leak-free?

We only make the hi deck on the 3.6 . 3.45 does not need it the 89 and 90 stroke use a 138 mm rod so comp hight is around 25mm on the piston so we can get the ring pack in no problem . The 3.3 89 mm kit is rated at 8000 max .because its only a budget kit .the 90mm kit will spin to 9 000 you just need a head and 50mm trip carb set to get it there .