HybridZ

tomei 260 vs 270 sla in sr20det

69sroadster

I may finally have some more cash again to work on the sr20det mods.  Nobody seems to have any real tech data concerning the powerband shift when switching to the tomei 260 solid lifter cam assembly or the 270 cams.  Anyone on here have some dyno backed data other than the standard conjectures?  I'm tired of the bench racers personally in the SR crowd online.

Sam

• 7 months later...

Not sure anymore if I can get the twinscroll 6758, but don't care too much anymore about that.  Once I get my PFC tuning done, I'll repost what the results were from changing over to the solid lifters, bee-hive springs, bronze guides, tomei 260's and titanium retainers.  It's killing me right now staying off the boost pedal, but I don't want to detonate on a leaned out motor.

I'm looking to go EFR as later this year after I get the basic package tested and any other bugs worked out. Right now I think I'm going to go with parts from Full Race, a Haltech, etc. I was looking at cams and the last ones I was planning to look into when the upgrades start are the Jim Wolf 260 S3s... but really it will depend if I am staying true to a small turbo plan or if I end up going bigger. With the gain in response of the EFRs I have a feeling I might go somewhat larger than I would with a traditional turbo option, which may also make me want to look at something 270 or so.

Have you played with any SRs with EFR turbos?

• 6 months later...

Not yet with the EFR's but I would love to.  I need to get my SR to a dyno to see what difference the move to the solid lifters and 260's did for another baseline.  I'm still running the stock ECU and injectors for now after realizing I didn't have the time to learn the Datalogit tuning software on the PFC.  I had some drama after trying out the 550 injectors for a bit when one of the lower seals started to get pinched and dump fuel.  I fixed it all and put the original injectors back in for the time being.