HybridZ

ZCCJDM Metal Universal Flares

Eddie 1979

There's a company that makes them in the standard ZG size flares in steel in Japan that does it on order. I would tell you where to buy but it's expensive. Just do it if you like metal on metal. Have fun!

More expensive than the $125 (plus shipping) per flare above?

Hi, has anyone had experience using these universal flares from ZCCJDM? I'm going to find out if they can do sizes similar to ZG's, metal on metal just has more appeal to me for some reason.  ZG's look nice, but I must be OCD because all I can think about is the hacked up metal that would be lurking underneath them :icon55:

You would still have hacked up metal under these too. Especially in the rear it's going to be really hard to make this flare attach to metal with no overlap on the original fender. I suppose it's possible, but it would be a real PITA.

You would still have hacked up metal under these too. Especially in the rear it's going to be really hard to make this flare attach to metal with no overlap on the original fender. I suppose it's possible, but it would be a real PITA.

Yup

I think ZG flares would actually be the better choice. Easier to install since you only have to weld the inner and outer fender back together, plus a few nutserts. Those metal flares look pretty flimsy as well (to me anyway), and I'd imagine they would dent easily. If you damage a ZG flare, you unbolt it and throw on a new one.