HybridZ

Wiring question

Lotus7

I'm ready to tackle a big job. My 1977 Z was been in the bin for many years now. Three weeks ago, I moved the Z in my garage and started the process.

I installed the engine and the transmission (Rb26 mated to Rb25 tranny). It's in !

I have a question in regards to the engine wiring harness. I completely removed my stock 280z engine wiring harness except the accessory wiring (lights-instruments-signal

and so on)

1. I have an Rb26 engine harness, I spoke to wiring specialties - they told me that it's better for me to start a new wiring (made by them) to ease the process.

I'm trying to save some money 'cause the wiring specialties cost $495. and I already spent $250. on the Rb26 harness.

Can someone give me a feedback in regards to the harness? Can I make the stock  RB26 harness works in my 1977 z?

2. I rebuild the engine but in stock form (piston-rods) are stock. My injectors are stock - how much power the stock injector can handle?

I have no problem buying a 750cc or 800cc injector if I need to.

3. I will use a single turbo setup (Garrett T-72) & I bought an apexi powerFC. My rear end still the stock R200 but with QUAIFE ATB, will the R200 can support 350 & up hp ? 

I appreciate any help on this project....thank you

0ntz.jpg
Edited by Lotus7

• 1 month later...

List your harness on EBAY. buy the wiring specialties harness. it will save you in the long run. They did mine and i loved it!!!! all brand new wires and connectors. And they are the easy clip connectors not those POS ones that you need 3 hands to get off. 

2. I rebuild the engine but in stock form (piston-rods) are stock. My injectors are stock - how much power the stockinjector can handle?

I have no problem buying a 750cc or 800cc injector if I need to.

3. I will use a single turbo setup (Garrett T-72) & I bought an apexi powerFC. My rear end still the stock R200 but withQUAIFE ATB, will the R200 can support 350 & up hp ? 

#2 stock injectors will be good for about 350 rwhp. i made 400 rwhp with 660cc s and 15 lbs on stock turbos. 

#3 street driving will be fine. drag racing with a good clutch will grenade half shafts and axles on sticky tires. i would highly recommend the techno tuning toys rear end, with a gtr diff and axles. 

i've wired a few rb's with stock wiring harness, i see zero reason to have someone else build you a wiring harness. nissan efi is super simple. read any 240sx rb swap wiring guide and that will tell you the functions of the wires you need to supply power to. theres tons of 280z pinouts too. it seriously shouldn't take more than a couple hours of research, and 1 hour of soldering. you'll have a better understanding for future diagnostics as well.