HybridZ
Randalla

240 Z chrome tail light bars

This isn't the first time this has been my misfortune ...   :angry:    They are still worth the cost to me.

I am not bashing his product, just giving a heads up on saving a $.

I know Randy spent a lot of money getting these things done and they are quality items.

This isn't the first time this has been my misfortune ...   :angry:    They are still worth the cost to me.

I know your pain Joel. <_<   I just did the Ebay link and bought a set to try on my flat block sanded and polished Euro tails. I think I will tint some eurothane clear with some black and further protect the chrome from salt air and exhaust attack. I did this decades agoon my best set and they look the same today with that step.

Just for the record Randalla....in your reference to "Triple chrome plating", you may want to re-word this as there is no such thing as triple chrome. The process does require multiple steps however each step contains different chemicals. Each layer is VERY thin. The original surface texture is mirrored throughout the process. Any dimples,scratches or flaws will remain in the final shine.

1)- Zinc wash -aids in bond to plastics.Acts as primer.

2)-Copper wash- bonds to zinc.

3)-Nickel bath-bonds to copper.

4)-Chromate bath- final finish- time duration in this bath controls quality.

SO you could comment that they are professional coated as above and be more impressive to true gear heads in the know. B)

Edited by Vintage-TechZ

I just ordered a set as well for $139.95 including shipping.  Randy has included the 'best offer' option in his listing - but it doesn't appear he's ever accepted one - so I don't understand why he goes to the trouble.  I hope they are as good as everyone seems to think they are.  I also order new JDM tail lights from Klearz and clear side markers from Thailand.  I got to step everything up now that I have a nice new paint job...

Well, ordered them a month ago from his eBay shop and unfortunately he sent them to a wrong address, 10 hours away from me. It has been a month and I still have not received them. We both tried contacting the USPS and somehow the lockbox was broken into and the package is no longer there. He offered to "drop a new set in the mail" and send them to the correct address and then later retracted to do so. Now he wants ANOTHER $70 to send me the pair. I paid $140 for a set and did not receive them after 4 weeks. Not my fault. I'm def not going to be the sucker that has to pay $210 for a set of these! I'm going through the eBay guarantee program now to get a full refund and I will be buying a set from MSA and I will make sure they are the original ones from the competitor. I am very unhappy with how this deal has turned out. I ordered a cheap watch as a gift for a friend on eBay a week after I purchased these. I didn't realize the watch was coming from China. I received the watch from China already and still have no taillight bars from Arizona!! I'm only in Atlanta!

Edited by 76Fairlady

And yes, I contacted Randy about this whole ordeal and I wasn't pleased with his "solution" for me to send an additional $70. After I 'elected to file a claim on eBay' he has decided to not contact me anymore through email. Oh well. Thank God eBay has a policy for 'if you haven't received your item within 30 days of its supposed shipping date, your money will be refunded 100%"!!