HybridZ

280z 5.3 Turbo Build

Love how little droop the suspension has on the stands-mine hung down like Eyore's ears with Tokicos. Looks like you are running some static positive camber (?) and crowding those rear flares. Heat exchanger looks like it fits perfectly.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Should be good to go then. Most people end up opening up the lower ring a bit more than the top but at the same time I know the some people only open up the top ring but you should be good either way. Cant wait to see some videos. And I'm curious how fast is she spooling up?  

Its in full boost by about 2800-3000 rpm - according to my logs.  So, spool? This cam from Tick Performance is doing WORK.

Love how little droop the suspension has on the stands-mine hung down like Eyore's ears with Tokicos. Looks like you are running some static positive camber (?) and crowding those rear flares. Heat exchanger looks like it fits perfectly.

It might have a little positive camber to it. I have a ton more negative I could do, but want to keep it like this to keep the slicks away from the towers.

I'd like to see what power you're making on 8# of boost! And looks like your 8.8 is holding up well.

Well its only 5# right now. I'd imagine its in the mid 400's.  I'll probably do a baseline dyno pull whenever we put it on the rollers with more boost, just so I know.

Well its only 5# right now. I'd imagine its in the mid 400's. I'll probably do a baseline dyno pull whenever we put it on the rollers with more boost, just so I know.

Can't wait to see! I'm curious what my 76mm turbo lq4 will put out with a custom grind turbo cam on 8# of boost will do. Looking forward to seeing your numbers with the 5.3!

Edited by Meatwad

next mini cash day could be intriguing.. You really are going to need to set up that traction system in the holly software. That thing has turned into a beast .

At 1:05 in the video I saw Michael J Fox and Doc as you started to go back in time 

Edited by geno51

I personally know of at least half a dozen cars that have been to 24#. I won't be pushing quite that hard.

It was down in the 60's here tonight. I don't know if it was the cool air, or the cool pavement, but WOW she really cooks the tires! haha its so much fun. Way better than the old setup. You can actually carry on a conversation while driving, and when you lay into it, hang on!

I have a guy that hand makes them and incorporates a Heimholtz resinator without restricting flow.  He did a system on my Tundra ( dual 3", and long tubes) I got 84Wtq over stock.......

Dirty Deeds Industries.  Let me know if you want to get in touch with him.