HybridZ

280z 5.3 Turbo Build

Sunny Z, do you have any pics of your custom frame rails going back up towards the rear end? Basically the extension you added to the very back. What did you do about the rear sway bar being in the way of the extension pieces? Just not use it?

Awesome build by the way! This thread is a great inspiration for some of the modifications I'll be making to my car as I restore it.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sunny Z, do you have any pics of your custom frame rails going back up towards the rear end? Basically the extension you added to the very back. What did you do about the rear sway bar being in the way of the extension pieces? Just not use it?

Awesome build by the way! This thread is a great inspiration for some of the modifications I'll be making to my car as I restore it.

It doesn't look like I have any pictures of that, but the extension is pretty simple. I just angled it up to the structural piece near the front edge of the "hump" as you're looking behind the seats, where it steps up about 6".  There are some U channel pieces that run side to side from the wheel well to the transmission tunnel on both sides (at least on my 280).  I notched the end of the square tubing (think of a fish with an open mouth) to fit, and cut the floor back so I could weld 360 degrees. 

In regards to the sway bar, I took it off when I did the 8.8 swap, if not before.  It handles just fine.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...