HybridZ

wiring from scratch?

seventyfour

What do you mean by swap harness? I did the swap and I used the rb wiring and made my own harness. Is that what you are asking? I used a painless 7 circuit harness. Very easy if you know what your doing.

Edited by pat1

ok sounds good. well places like wiring specialties sell custom made swap harnesses to make the swap plug and play, but from what i can see under the hood, there is very little to "plug."

Seems to me that the most i may have to do is get a pinout and feed some power and grounds to the ecu, and wire my fuel pump and ignition switch.

It's very easy you can have a rb running in a few minutes with a few powers and grounds. Now that just to get it running you will have a few more wire to run for heated o2,iac,switched powers,starter remote and a few more. I can't remember how many but I believe it was under 15 wires for everything. Grab a wiring diagram and a ecu pin out and go to town.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/50138-chris-rummels-easy-follow-rb-into-z-wireing-guide/

I had to read it 5 times because English is not my main language, but it seems to be not that hard :D

Most important is to get the wirering diagramm. I hate to do electric stuff but will give it a try before i pay a lot of money for a shop to do it.

I bought a prepaid harness for two reasons 1) the harness I got with the car was in bad shape 2) I made it 10 times worse by my own hand:(  If you have a good harness to start with, it is simply a handfull of connections to mate the rb to s30.    

• 4 weeks later...